200R4 Trans With Stage motor

aluminiium shafts are only good for 350 hp? Interesting i have been going 133 mph and 10.40's , with an aluminium shaft. Mustangs run 9's with the same shaft? anyone want to clue me in here?

Originally posted by norbs
aluminiium shafts are only good for 350 hp? Interesting i have been going 133 mph and 10.40's , with an aluminium shaft. Mustangs run 9's with the same shaft? anyone want to clue me in here?

350HP by who's standards.:confused:

ATR rates theirs at 700HP:rolleyes:

If you get a 4" aluminum shaft from say Mosher, QuarterMaster, etc. you can easily go over 1000! Remember, before carbon fiber, Pro Stock was using them and they are at 1300+HP. Wonder what Pro Mod uses, they are putting out way more than Pro Stock.

For our applications, don't worry about an aluminum breaking. They are no longer the thinner 3" ones of years ago that people like Rich Rezes from Rich's Custom Auto snapped on someone's car.... Even after snapping a former friends drive shaft I still let him go 10.2 @135+ in my stage 2 car and almost put it into the wall 4 times. If I haven't mentioned it before, nice recovery! :D

Originally posted by njturbo
350HP by who's standards.:confused:

ATR rates theirs at 700HP:rolleyes:
You are probably better off ordering one from Mosher or QuarterMaster in my opinion. Both make their shafts for Pro Stock and Pro Mod racers. If you want to pony up the big bucks then get a Carbon Fiber one! Just hope that glue doesn't let go at the line when spooling...

Anyone running CK's AOD conversion? Haven't heard much about it but it's supposed to be very strong.

Is anyone thats running a t-400 using the GearVendors OverDrive unit? It seems like it may be the answer .

49-blues said:
Is anyone thats running a t-400 using the GearVendors OverDrive unit? It seems like it may be the answer .
I believe the Gearvendors unit is very heavy. They use them on trucks and diesels. Very popular. I'm not sure how it would handle a trans brake launch where you go instantly from 0 to 800+ ft/lbs of torque or more.

Art.

The gear vendors will hande 2500 ft torque no problem with t brakes.!

norbs said:
The gear vendors will hande 2500 ft torque no problem with t brakes.!
I didn't know anyone was using them on a racecar. I knew they were very popular on trucks even if I can't fit one on mine.

Art.

CK's Ford AOD

Warp6

I have run CK's Ford AOD in my TR for over 1 year with no issues. The stage 2 motor built by Lou Czarnota in Lake Forrest California put out 720 HP at the rear wheels on 20lbs of boost with alchohol injection. It has a manual shift valve body and a trans brake and the over drive is great. Take a look at CK's WEB site, my car is the grey TR. If you are interested I suggest you call Chris at CK and talk with him about this option

Gear Vendors are the hot ticket. Almost no power loss, and maybe weighs 50 lbs. If you think they are for big trucks, think again. There is a blown alcohol dragster that uses one as its transmission.

703crewchief said:
Gear Vendors are the hot ticket. Almost no power loss, and maybe weighs 50 lbs. If you think they are for big trucks, think again. There is a blown alcohol dragster that uses one as its transmission.
I just never knew that. I read about them on the diesel truck boards and people that have them love them. Unfortunately they don't make one for the electronic 4WD auto-trax setup my truck has.

Art.

T350

I had a turbo 350 with the big dollar TCI sprag and trans break. I rolled three sprags with a 109 block. In one year! The car was making only 525 hp at 22 lbs to the wheels. Now I installed a 400 and there has been no problems. I really miss the 200 for the street. Jimmies Trans in IL has a cheap freshin up job on his trans for $300.00. He will pull the trans and inspect what need replacing and fix any small problems. Keith Egin has been runnig the 200 in his GN for years going 10.30s in a full weight GN. I am going back to the 200 for street reasons. You can't go wrong with jimmies trans as long as he builds it he will do the spring tune up on the trans. He built a 200 that I have behind a 462 buick big block that runs in the 11s and if it can hold upto the torque of that I don't see any reason to loose the street performance. Manuel shifting sucks.