200R4 non-L/U converter question

300kGN

I have a BR F back-up trans that I put in today. At 1 point it had a non-lock up converter. The harness and TCC solenoid are still in it. I put the TCC O-ring back on the input shaft. Now the converter is always locked. Swapped a known good TCC solenoid and harness, still locked. How do I undo what was done to force constant TCC pressure?

sounds like the non lock up

I have a BR F back-up trans that I put in today. At 1 point it had a non-lock up converter. The harness and TCC solenoid are still in it. I put the TCC O-ring back on the input shaft. Now the converter is always locked. Swapped a known good TCC solenoid and harness, still locked. How do I undo what was done to force constant TCC pressure?

sounds like the non lock up valve is still in the pump, even though the lock up harness is still in it. Hopefully you have the non-lock up valve that is the removeable type, then you can just stuff a lock up valve and spring in place of the non-lock up valve.

yep, I took out the TCC sol and the circlip and there's just a block in the bore. I take it some of these were hammered into the pump? This 1 doesn't want to budge, of coarse I really can't get a grip on it.

2 types

yep, I took out the TCC sol and the circlip and there's just a block in the bore. I take it some of these were hammered into the pump? This 1 doesn't want to budge, of coarse I really can't get a grip on it.

the art carr non-lock valve is set screwed into the pump body and the only way to get it out is remove the trans, take out the pump, disassemble and remove the valve.

the trans-go style valve will come out, but you'll need a pair of long nose needle nose pliers, barrel shaped magnet , and a little luck to remove it.