lockup question ?

https://www.ftiperformance.com/Street-Racer-Lock-Up-Torque-Converter-95-200R4-700R4-4L60-SRLT.htm Hopefully,this link works.... If i locked the single disc in second and made the 2/3 shift ...how long before it would twist shaft splines with 600-650HP..or would it require the 3 disc to twist something?
I would highly advise against this for those that attempt.
For those that want to play in will say Yeah good luck with that.
I dont dance anymore with stuff like that.
I did single and multi disk lockups back in the day
I would rather have the correct fin angles and a great non locker with the right slip and stator.
Yes I am a racer.
If you want to go lockup
Dave husek has a great peice for our cars
He has the slip down but it wont force lock,too hard on the clutch.
the clutch material gets worn away locking up per hit and over time,this is unavoidable and where do you think this material goes?
Like your tranny?
Ask me how I know😉
It truly depends how much your on the lockup
that's the timeframe and
You wont go faster locking up on the 2/3 anyway.
It will pull the motor down too much
Ask me how I know😉
See slip is torque multiplication.
The right amount makes the car go faster
Too much slows it down.
Its balance.

I smoked several LU's from locking them and when I went to a NL I never looked back. And like Mr Spool said, the clutch material goes right into the transmission.

Its seems your either wearing parts or wearing clutch. Crewed a big tire turbo car for a few years and ran a lenco for a while..then tried the ATI lock up and it killed gear sets,twice..went to an older BrunoGlide and it killed input shafts,,,that was with crazy apply pressures..like 400psi. We should have kept he lenco but crew chief was all about the lockup. I didnt give much thought to wear material in my trans as i figured locked was locked,, but apply pressures arent very high so i can see that being an issue. I can see this too being a nightmare i may want to avoid in this car. Thanks for the input.

Its seems your either wearing parts or wearing clutch. Crewed a big tire turbo car for a few years and ran a lenco for a while..then tried the ATI lock up and it killed gear sets,twice..went to an older BrunoGlide and it killed input shafts,,,that was with crazy apply pressures..like 400psi. We should have kept he lenco but crew chief was all about the lockup. I didnt give much thought to wear material in my trans as i figured locked was locked,, but apply pressures arent very high so i can see that being an issue. I can see this too being a nightmare i may want to avoid in this car. Thanks for the input.
I have high pressure on my 200s.
But even back in the day without all the fancy stuff it beat shit up