200r4 BR code vs. CZ code.

boostedbuford

Under a rock
Just got a built transmission, It is a CZ code. Is there a physical dimension difference between the CZ out of a monte carlo compared to the GN's BR code 200r4?

The problem is I'm having a hell of a time getting my scatter shield to fit with the trans is the car, Ive got the trans in and the converter in but the scatter shiled is hitting my trans tunnel above the tail shaft . With it hitting I can't get my crossmember to fit. Havnt even tried to get the driveshaft up there.

Any help will be appreciated.

no there is no difference at all. Probably just one of those things.... are u installing the tranny with the mount and then trying to slide the crossmember under it?

no there is no difference at all. Probably just one of those things.... are u installing the tranny with the mount and then trying to slide the crossmember under it?

Yes that's what I am trying to do, is there a better way of doing it? I dont really want to re-pull the trans and cut up the scatter shield to get it to fit.

i usually am able to slide the cross member under with the mount, but if not then just remove the tranny mount and get the cross member bolted up with the tranny still held up by the jack. snake the mount in and then bolt it all down. By the way great looking car in the sig...

Problem is the mount is aftermarket (H&R) With it all bolted up the transmission still hits the tunnel, thus even if it was unbolted it still wouldnt go high enough for the member to go up there.

I can almost guarantee I got the wrong scatter shield. I had to cut a 1x1 hole in the scatter shield on the drivers side for the electrical connector because there wasnt one already there- which is complete BS.

I bought the shield when I bought my "N" converter from the "real art carr" about a year ago and now I'm just getting around to installing it. Anybody else had problems like this with a scatter shield??

hmm yeah sounds like something isn't right then, ive never installed one with a scatter shield, good luck with it. Are you just trying to be NHRA legal with the scatter shield?

Problem is the mount is aftermarket (H&R) With it all bolted up the transmission still hits the tunnel, thus even if it was unbolted it still wouldnt go high enough for the member to go up there.

I can almost guarantee I got the wrong scatter shield. I had to cut a 1x1 hole in the scatter shield on the drivers side for the electrical connector because there wasnt one already there- which is complete BS.

I bought the shield when I bought my "N" converter from the "real art carr" about a year ago and now I'm just getting around to installing it. Anybody else had problems like this with a scatter shield??

you do realize that modifying an SFI certified part in any way renders the SFI rating moot, right?
this means that it's no longer an NHRA certified safety device.
have you tried it without the shield? i don't think there's a lot of room around the trans, so you will either need to mangle the floor to get it to fit or get rid of the shield.

you do realize that modifying an SFI certified part in any way renders the SFI rating moot, right?
this means that it's no longer an NHRA certified safety device.
have you tried it without the shield? i don't think there's a lot of room around the trans, so you will either need to mangle the floor to get it to fit or get rid of the shield.

I'm gonna have to see about that when I get to the track, but there is NO WAY the electrical would ever fit without me modifying it.

This is what I am talking about-

1.jpg

Here is the drivers side where the shield hits the tunnel.

6.jpg

Here is the passanger side.

5.jpg

Here is the mount/crossmember ****storm.

2.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

The only thing I can really think of is that it has to be the wrong shield? I could understand it not fitting if the 200r4's dimensions are different but there not.

I really dont want to get the BFH out and pound out the tunnel.

If you are running a non lock and dont care if the ecm knows if the car is in 3rd, or 4th then you could have deleted the plug.

Yah I have a lock-up that would have been nice to know, What's the difference if the ECM know its in 3rd or 4th or if it doesnt. I also have Fast xfi so I dont know if that makes a difference?

Basically my set-up is exactly like your's, but I have a 70mm turbo, built bottom end, 218/218 roller, 4in D/P and GN1 race ported heads, and champion intake. If I run the times you did I'd be happy:D

I've been trying to think of the best way attack the scatter-shield. Any ideas? I'm not really worred to much about it being NHRA legal, I just mostly go to tracks locallly and there not anal about safety checks (getting under the car etc..)

Yah I have a lock-up that would have been nice to know, What's the difference if the ECM know its in 3rd or 4th or if it doesnt. I also have Fast xfi so I dont know if that makes a difference?

Basically my set-up is exactly like your's, but I have a 70mm turbo, built bottom end, 218/218 roller, 4in D/P and GN1 race ported heads, and champion intake. If I run the times you did I'd be happy:D

I've been trying to think of the best way attack the scatter-shield. Any ideas? I'm not really worred to much about it being NHRA legal, I just mostly go to tracks locallly and there not anal about safety checks (getting under the car etc..)
XFI doesnt need to have the plug unless you are controlling lockup through the xfi. You should be able to go much faster than i did with your parts. My shortblock was stock with about 150k on it and i had iron heads.