2009 Racing Season starts very soon.

Tony Shoaff

I am so ready to get the Atomic GN to the track. US41 is open 12-4 on Sunday this month,weather permitting? Today was rainy/windy around here. Next weekend looking good right now.:cool: Gateway starts March 24th Tuesday night racing weather permitting:D I have the car certified now. Frt upper and lower TRZ arms. QA-1 double adj. shocks.New Strange aluminum center section/pinion support with 350 gear with a spool. Installed H&R Parts upper adj. and lower 1" longer rear control arms. Pinion angle was 6 deg. up before with no load:eek: Car should weigh with me in it around 3220. I am going to wear the Drag radials out testing. Then I need to pick out a slick before racing starts. I am running a 325x50x15 DR. Maybe a 28x10.5x15 slick? Hope to run mid nines around 145 plus mph@29#s of boost.:D New times coming soon;)

Good Luck Tony......

....can't wait to see the Atomic GN in action again. Plus cant wait for us to get consistently dry AND warm weather

I will come see you this year. I was hoping to race with you this year.
I have put my cage on hold for now(economy sucks and work is slow, I am a telecom manager and we have laid off 2 already in the last 2 weeks). The new engine is going in but as far as racing this year , I don't know if it will happen. i may come over to get some tuning done but no full passes without a cage.

Bryan

29 is low PSI now days. Some guys are running 40 psi plus to run low 9's. I still have stock rods in the motor so I need to be very careful.

Not sure I want to go 29 with this 61...at least not right away. What boost did you run with it, D-Day?

At Sunday's meeting there seemed to be a general malaise about going to the track. I had hoped to set a date, but didn't get much of a rise out of the group.

http://www.gatewayraceway.com/09_drag_Schedule.pdf

A Saturday date (there are several in March) would be good for the local group, as we have many members that aren't in the area and they could not make a weekday. Plus, if the weather is nice, a weekend day would make for some good passes.

Anyone interested in trying to go on 3/28?

I have to get another operation on my left elbow. I will be there either Sat. 3/21 or Tuesday 3/24. I will be down again for a couple weeks after March 26th. :(

Royal T,Bryan,Dave,Scott,Jason,Bret and all the Rest

Let me know how the forecast looks for those dates I listed.:cool: I have changed the suspension and more. The car maybe another type;) of animal?? I have always ran good numbers at Gateway and need to make some passes before racing starts. Hope to see you guys soon.

26psi out of a 106mm isnt low........ Woody is the record holder for gateway's series.

29 is low PSI now days. Some guys are running 40 psi plus to run low 9's. I still have stock rods in the motor so I need to be very careful.

Some of us run low 9s mith much less than 29psi.... with a 70mm turbo..

I'm not letting the cat out of the bag yet, but run 9.60s @ 16psi :D

Good luck this year Tony!

Strokers take less boost. My little motor takes 30 psi to run mid 9s with my 70.

Thanks Kevin.
I am planning on having Dan build me a stage 2 stoker someday. I will see you in Bowling Green and Norwalk if the car stays together.

Tony, will you be racing Saturday? What time you going? I would like to see you run.

Bryan

Tony, will you be racing Saturday? What time you going? I would like to see you run.

Bryan

Weather permitting I will be there around 9:30 a/m. I have been working on mounting a fuel psi gauge in the hood scoop. The only other thing I am still waiting for is the custom made window net from Simpson. I hope Al does not send me home without a parachute? They have changed the NHRA rule 9.99 or 135 mph you need a parachute. I may be racing the 1/8th mile mostly this year if I need a parachute for the 1/4.

Weather permitting I will be there around 9:30 a/m. I have been working on mounting a fuel psi gauge in the hood scoop. The only other thing I am still waiting for is the custom made window net from Simpson. I hope Al does not send me home without a parachute? They have changed the NHRA rule 9.99 or 135 mph you need a parachute. I may be racing the 1/8th mile mostly this year if I need a parachute for the 1/4.

See you all tomorrow:cool: