2009 BPG Nationals Event Information

yes there is a area....last years there was tons of stuff as it was free to sell parts etc

**pics**

The weather here has been picture perfect so far. Tiny bit of rain Thurs late night but Friday early morning it was gone. Hot but with a little breeze. GSX's and GS's all over the place. Lots of cars here. Today there should be even more with the car show event. Here is a link to the pics I've taken so far. More to come (late) tonight! Enjoy! :cool:

BPG Ohio 2009 - a set on Flickr

Unfortunately rain set in Sat as they were getting ready for the car show awards about 3 pm, and they gave up about 5 or 5:30 pm. Hoping for the best Sunday.

Unfortunately rain set in Sat as they were getting ready for the car show awards about 3 pm, and they gave up about 5 or 5:30 pm. Hoping for the best Sunday.

yep i got their paid for our tickets started to walk around and then it just started to rain waited a little while but gave up and left should have gotten their earlier but pretty much drove down for nothing.:mad:

bummmer

i just dont understand why , when an event is totally dependent on the weather so much time is wasted. why dont these events start in the morning cars should be out on the track right off the bat. i got there at 8:45 a.m after 3hr drive. nothing going on wasteing time, time trials or what ever should have already started .use every minute you have because as you saw you never can tell when the weather will change. im very disapointed with this event i spent a large portion of my entertainment budget and passed on several other events that went off perfect, to sit around for 4 or 5 hours then see 20 or 25 time trial runs that mean nothng to me i paid to see racing this event was a total bust!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Some PIC

A few PIC from the event from Friday and Saturday morning….it was quite the show for GSX crowd…I had a good time……but did not bring my car:(

Attachments

• DSCN0904.jpg
    DSCN0904.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCN0914.jpg
    DSCN0914.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN0920.jpg
    DSCN0920.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN0926.jpg
    DSCN0926.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0936.jpg
    DSCN0936.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 217
i just dont understand why , when an event is totally dependent on the weather so much time is wasted. why dont these events start in the morning cars should be out on the track right off the bat. i got there at 8:45 a.m after 3hr drive. nothing going on wasteing time, time trials or what ever should have already started .use every minute you have because as you saw you never can tell when the weather will change. im very disapointed with this event i spent a large portion of my entertainment budget and passed on several other events that went off perfect, to sit around for 4 or 5 hours then see 20 or 25 time trial runs that mean nothng to me i paid to see racing this event was a total bust!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because the Car Show is Saturday Morning...it not just a racing Event....we had 94 GSX's at our event something that has never happened before....Friday was full ot test an tune stging lanes closed at 9:45pm and racing started at 11 am....We did the entire Racing program on Sunday...the Schedule was posted on the Buick Performance Group website....the Event maybe a bust to you but to many many other it was a success....when you have 2 GSX's drive 39 Hrs from Washington State to attend a once in alifetime event...they and the several hundred others had no issues....sorry you were dissapointed but hundreds of others were Very Happy...

I have to agree on one thing,goes for all events, If your gonna have a car show(not my thing) why cant they still test and tune while there is a car show going on,the racers pay to race,if they show their car also its their choice what they want to do,race or show.
but if the track is gonna be open let the test and tuners do their thing!!!!

I have to agree on one thing,goes for all events, If your gonna have a car show(not my thing) why cant they still test and tune while there is a car show going on,the racers pay to race,if they show their car also its their choice what they want to do,race or show.
but if the track is gonna be open let the test and tuners do their thing!!!!

WHY because not all Buick owners RACE...how would you feel if you had a show car and a 1000HP BBB is doing a burnout and all the attention goes to that Car....it is not all about Racing... we had 10 hours of Racing on Friday and 6 hours of racing on Sunday....and about 4 hours on Saturday and if the rain did not come in we would of run till 9pm....

WHY because not all Buick owners RACE...how would you feel if you had a show car and a 1000HP BBB is doing a burnout and all the attention goes to that Car....it is not all about Racing... we had 10 hours of Racing on Friday and 6 hours of racing on Sunday....and about 4 hours on Saturday and if the rain did not come in we would of run till 9pm....

And it rain most of the night and we had a heavy downpour at about 8:00am. It took awhile to get the track ready. Even with a abrevated race schedule we didn't finish till around 6:30pm

And it rain most of the night and we had a heavy downpour at about 8:00am. It took awhile to get the track ready. Even with a abbreviated race schedule we didn't finish till around 6:30pm

But we got the Race in...We cannot control the weather....some Events get rained out completly....we had a delay and Finished the program...we had an agreement with the track that even if it rained all day we had the Track till midnight...we also had a rain out policy in place...the forecast for Saturday was NO Rain......You will never please everyone but the major majority were happy...the weather was great and those that left early may have missed out...

The same way the racer feel when he is sitting there with his thumb up his ass while there is a perfectly set up dragstrip 100 ft from him.:D

Too bad for the show guy if people would rather watch cars go down the track then look at their pretty cars.

with that being said, people can walk thru a car show and then go watch racing,do car show guys get that upset if people dont pay attention to them,let the spectaters choose what they want to watch,now your asking them to have no choice but to walk thru a car show because cars are not racing.

Otto show cars get 5 hrs,,,the racer get 2x that amount for the same day price,,,if not for the rain...we had some racers come up to us and said they did not get the passes they wanted to and we had NO PROBLEM giving them a RACE TICKET for SUNDAY stating that if there was a RAIN OUT on Sunday that we would honor the Ticket for NEXT YEAR...,Even though Race Ticket would go up next year.....again you cannot make everyone happy......Run and Event and see if you can make everyone Hsppy....make some calls to your buddies and see how they feel....out of all the TSO,TSM,THS, Q16, S8,BCO, B1,B2 Racer there was only 1 objection to the Race Schedule on Sunday...