2008 Bpg Nationals

Otto...Otto... thought we talked about this on Saturday......:biggrin: ....just come and hang out and have some fun ....thats what it is all about....:eek:
I will most likely be there,But it sucks for Len.

i guess im just getting a cut and paste responce? can anyone cut and paste anything about track prep before i spend $2000 on diesel fuel?

i guess im just getting a cut and paste responce? can anyone cut and paste anything about track prep before i spend $2000 on diesel fuel?

why was that decided like that? what does paying entry fee's for one race have to do with pay out's for the next years race.

last years ticket stubs will be honored fo this years event

the payouts will be carried over....this seemed the best thing to do and no complaints were raised that I was aware of... in fact most of the racers said they would re-pay for the 2008 event

as far as track prep is concerened you need to take that up with John Schmidt as I have not heard of any other complaints....

sorry if I cannot be of any more help and I will forward this thread to John to see if he can shed some light on this issue and others addresed in this thread

Sean, we will be there and will do our job and work the chassis to the track conditions the best we can and won't whine about track prep, we have been on some real bad ones and still manage to run the number, but I don't have a 7 second car so that might be a different story for them and the BIG tires they run on. :D

Ted, Just a thought for you. If you took 1100 pounds off of your car, which
would probably be near 1000 pounds off the rear tires as it goes down the track, do you think you might have some issues going down a marginal track??? Thats is basically what these guys are facing. They may or may not be making any more power than say a TSO car , but that weight difference is huge as far as traction goes. When you look at the pounds per square inch applied to a 3500# car on 11" tires , then look at a 2400# car on 16" tires there is hardly a comparison. Proof is in the pudding , how many fast cars made good-straight-fast runs at the BPG event ?? There werent very many, if any!!! Im not arguing with you at all!! Just looking at the track issue from a different angle. Best of luck to all of you in the upcoming year!!! Thanks for listening Mike:cool:

Sean, we will be there and will do our job and work the chassis to the track conditions the best we can and won't whine about track prep, we have been on some real bad ones and still manage to run the number, but I don't have a 7 second car so that might be a different story for them and the BIG tires they run on. :D
i may be whining ted but how many 7 sec. cars have you been behind the wheel of? thats what i thought!

If Ted wanted to take 1000 pounds off of the rear tires he would probably
have to cut the car off from just behind the drivers seat. I have driven a 7
sec car on 28x10.5 tires just so you know.

Whats your point!!! You gonna take teds car , and cut it in half and install
10.5 tires on the front and show us how to run some 7's??? Weight = traction. High Hp , no weight or down force , lack of traction=
crash or abort !! Thats the way it works-PERIOD!!!! Mike:cool:

i may be whining ted but how many 7 sec. cars have you been behind the wheel of? thats what i thought!

Len, there is no doubt I will never be as cool as you are but do me a favor and show us how you can get it done on a marginal track instead of crying about it. With all the high tech stuff on your 100k plus car, Duttweiler, Galina and the rest of your crew that mid/low 7 second pass on a marginal track and a 6 second pass on a HOOKING track should come as no problem. :biggrin:

What I would like too see is everyone there having and having a good time.:D And everybody getting their personal best while they are at it.

Steve

lets not forget that it was damn hot..and track temps were up there.....lets just have some fun....

What I would like too see is everyone there having and having a good time.:D And everybody getting their personal best while they are at it.

Steve

This is NORMALLY a problem when you deal with marginal tracks

If Ted wanted to take 1000 pounds off of the rear tires he would probably
have to cut the car off from just behind the drivers seat. I have driven a 7
sec car on 28x10.5 tires just so you know.

Hey Dan, PM SENT!

Any final rules and restrictions set for ALL the different brackets classes yet? I find it a little odd that hotel information and the call to reserve vacation time is being put out before the rules of the event. I prefer to know a little about what's in store for me before making such a trip and showing up at the track. I hope I'm not being unreasonable here. This is a racing event, isn't it? Or is it more of a show deal? Clue me in here.

Race Information will be posted within the next couple of Days...Chris Lyons is the Race Director....