2004R Shift Point Tuning

alocker

I just rebuilt a CRF 2004R using CK's rebuild kit, shift kit, and servo. This was installed into my 1968 327 Impala. The trans shifts beautifully and works great except for a few small issues.

I don't have WOT 1-2 shifts. Like a moron, I trusted the internet and ground the crap out of my governor. I'm assuming this is the issue. I don't have a tach but I know the motor is really spinning because its nosing over. I even had a 3-1 down shift merging at around 45 MPH. I was going to add weight by welding the governor but I'm curious as to which weight I should be concerned with. Or should I add weight to both? Just buy a new governor?

Next, my 2-3 shift seems late at minimum throttle and is annoying around town. I'm thinking fixing the above issue might resolve this one. 1-2 shift is at 12 mph, 2-3 shift is around 37 mph, 3-4 around 42 mph.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Have you checked the T.V. cable ? should be taught at full throttle. I would talk to Chris at CK for advise first since you bought his parts.

Have you checked the T.V. cable ? should be taught at full throttle. I would talk to Chris at CK for advise first since you bought his parts.

I have verified the TV is fully depressed at WOT with the pan off. I have tried talking to Chris but have been unsuccessful.