shift governor identification and modifications?

0-60n4

Is there a way to identify what shift governor I have? Doesn't want to shift out of first at WOT and was thinking it may not have the correct governor since it was once set up for drag racing and had a 4:10 rear end gear.

Also Is there an easy to to modify the governor for earlier shifts?

Is there a way to identify what shift governor I have? Doesn't want to shift out of first at WOT and was thinking it may not have the correct governor since it was once set up for drag racing and had a 4:10 rear end gear.

Also Is there an easy to to modify the governor for earlier shifts?
Make sure the spring hasn't popped out first.

If that's fine, then reducing the shift points requires adding weight to the governor arms. Few do this, as welding onto them is very imprecise. If you pull the governor and see evidence somebody's lightened it to raise the shift point, it's going to be a better idea to source an unmodified assembly and replace it than try to add the material back.

It shifted at the correct rpm's before installing the ckp shift kit. So it would be a big coincidence if the spring popped out right after the installation but I've seen crazier things happen. Waiting for Chris to get back to work so I ask him what he thinks. Could be something related to his shift kit. IF not, then I will pull the governor next

thanks

It shifted at the correct rpm's before installing the ckp shift kit. So it would be a big coincidence if the spring popped out right after the installation but I've seen crazier things happen. Waiting for Chris to get back to work so I ask him what he thinks. Could be something related to his shift kit. IF not, then I will pull the governor next

thanks
Not as weird as you'd think. Unless it's been pinned in with a nylon screw, it can come out at any time.