2004R Pressure Release Transbrake

way to go Lonnie!

I applaude your continued support of the buick community!
great addition to your line up of products.

I do feel you need a social life! LOL :wink:

hey lonnie, just was wondering how you are making out on the transbrake instructions, I ordered one last week and cant wait to try it thanks no rush just curious

bump for a sweet trans brake. can't wait to get back to arizona and drive the car again.

hey lonnie, just was wondering how you are making out on the transbrake instructions, I ordered one last week and cant wait to try it thanks no rush just curious
e-mailed the rough version. Let me know if they are clear.

Now instructions are PDF file on the website in the tech section. Still need some revision but should be close.

Hi,

I am quite interested in this, but I cannot see the installation instructions on your website. Are they there?

Also, I assume the operation is:- stage the car in 'D', pull the lever back to '1', build revs, and push the lever into '2', 'D' or 'OD' to launch. The gearbox then shifts, as normal, through the gears:- '1', '2', 'D' and 'OD'. There is no electric button to release.

If the car is in 'D' or 'OD', or even '2' it drives as normal. If pulled through to '1', it sets the brake.

Also, is the price still as quoted in the other thread?

All the best
Sandy
Scotland

Hi,

I am quite interested in this, but I cannot see the installation instructions on your website. Are they there?

Also, I assume the operation is:- stage the car in 'D', pull the lever back to '1', build revs, and push the lever into '2', 'D' or 'OD' to launch. The gearbox then shifts, as normal, through the gears:- '1', '2', 'D' and 'OD'. There is no electric button to release.

If the car is in 'D' or 'OD', or even '2' it drives as normal. If pulled through to '1', it sets the brake.

All the best
Sandy
Scotland
i have this in my car and it works great you put your shifter in 1st gear and push your transbrake button to lock the brake, it will not lock in any other gear but 1st, build as much boost as you want or can and release the button, the great thing about this brake it wont lock till the button is applied,so you still have first gear. before i had trouble building 4psi of boost off the line now i can leave 15+ from the line. this has a very quick release, I installed the brake myself you need basic mechanical skills and take your time read instructions. lonnie is a great person to deal with when he sells you something he is there for you 110% thanks again for great part

Hi,

All the best
Sandy
Scotland

http://www.extremeautomatics.com/techinfo.html listed under pressure release transbrake for 2004R. Eric explained the operation.

Thanks for explaining that.

I assume as well that, because you are not building boost against the brakes, the suspension stays in an 'unloaded' state, and therefore gets quite a shcok when the transbrake releases?

Is this more harmful to the suspension/drivetrain that loading up the convertor against the brakes?

ATB
Sandy

Thanks for explaining that.

I assume as well that, because you are not building boost against the brakes, the suspension stays in an 'unloaded' state, and therefore gets quite a shcok when the transbrake releases?

Is this more harmful to the suspension/drivetrain that loading up the convertor against the brakes?

ATB
Sandy

Hits the drive line like a hammer.