2004r Giant Leak $3000.00

Skylard

I've got a brand new 2004r, $3000.00.

First it come on an open pallet with NO caps or covers on the cooler lines,
dipstick and TV cable! All kinds of crap from the treck across country on the back of a truck can get in there.
3 grand and not a piece of tape or a 2 cent cap
to keep debris out. WTF

It leaks like crazy!
First I replaced the leaking rear seal.
Then I put a catch can on the vent tube.
I took it around the block and got on it for 3 seconds,
the catch can had about 3 ounces of fluid in it.
The level is well below the full level on the stick.
WTF
A lot of people recommend this guy, not me not yet.
It may be a fluke that my trans has problems, but 3 grand and problems?
:confused::eek::mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 826
Man that sux azzz!!! Im curious and have a idea who it maybe. Do tell us the vendor?

Please PM the vendor if you dont wanna post it on here

first of all did you call the builder and let him know? the builders on this site are stand up guys. that would be my first call.things do happen during shipping also. try calling them first before you post anything else ,just my opinion.

first of all did you call the builder and let him know? the builders on this site are stand up guys. that would be my first call.things do happen during shipping also. try calling them first before you post anything else ,just my opinion.

I've been emailing, calling and talking with him.
The vendor sounds like a great guy and is easy to talk to, I like him.

I thought it was only a rear seal at first.

He said he put the seal in the mail two weeks ago- I haven't received it yet, do you think he really sent it?
But found out other wise when the kicked me off the track and took my wrist band.
I've had the trans in for two weeks, mine is a daily driver and a 1/8mile bracket car. it only pukes at high RPM (a lot).

He did say he will ship me a new trans no cost to me, oh boy!
In 2-3 weeks, with his track record of shipping when he says he will, I expect to see the replacement trans in about 2-3 months!
I'm NOT KIDDING!
I guess no racing this week, unless I make a quart bottle catch can.
Maybe I should plumb the vent tube back into the dipstick.

I'm Pissed!

Man that sux azzz!!! Im curious and have a idea who it maybe. Do tell us the vendor?

Please PM the vendor if you dont wanna post it on here

I want to give the vendor another chance to take care of this before I do that.
He is a nice guy and now knows i'm very serious and pissed.
:smile:

If you contact the vendor and he wants someone to look it over before shipping it back have him contact us and we can give it a run on the dyno and check for leaks if you are close to us.

If you contact the vendor and he wants someone to look it over before shipping it back have him contact us and we can give it a run on the dyno and check for leaks if you are close to us.

Thanks Chris.
I'm in Los Angeles.

Deep pan? Sounds like you may have it overfilled??? Usually you want to run them right at the add line on the dipstick.

No secret the vendor is me.

If Lonnie wasn't a stand up guy he wouldn't have posted this. Nobody is perfect and what matters is it's fixed. How many of us have stories of this or that keeping us from racing. It's all part of the game.

I am curious if the thread starter knew the tranny was leaking, why he took it to the track only to get kicked out.

If Lonnie wasn't a stand up guy he wouldn't have posted this. Nobody is perfect and what matters is it's fixed. How many of us have stories of this or that keeping us from racing. It's all part of the game.

I am curious if the thread starter knew the tranny was leaking, why he took it to the track only to get kicked out.

I didn't know it only pukes above 5000RPM.

The trans is in the mail.

I just spoke with Lonnie.
He'll ship me a new trans ASAP, just needs to make a few parts first.

I knew he was a stand up guy, that's why I bought from him.

:rolleyes:

can't go wrong with lonnie trust me. he will make it right and you will have one kick ass tranny

lonnie is stand up guy he has takin care of me every time i have a problem i am sure he will striatin it all out for you

Lonnie is one of the best American guys I know, and I can trust him even being from up in Canada.:wink: