200-4Rs and Transmission Builders: Behind the scenes

I dont find the need to debate your claims to provide entertainment to readers.Everyone always blames the parts when the job dont work.Enjoy the view looking down from your soapbox because eventually YOU will be the sight seenfrom the soapbox.Your status in transmission land is currently a few steps away from the hatched egg you entered it from.

Jake,if you have issues call me.Im not here to entertain people.

Chris,
We've already spoken and PM'd. Enough said.
I don't have a vendetta against you or I would have posted your name specifically and posted it on every forum on the net, I just can't do business with you.

You aren't the only vendor I've quit using. It's never been an issue of my product not working, just the headaches I've gone through to make it work.

200-4R's are a PITA compared to other units. You've built your business around them so I would expect you to stick with it. I just choose not to for the time being.

We've had some good dealings and shared a lot of information. I haven't lost site of that, and this would never be here except for your post in the subject.

I wouldn't really consider myself a 'hatchling". I was around and supported you when you were the 'hatchling' here on TB.com and in the 200-4R community. Go look at the threads and remember who supported you back then.

Good luck.

Wow well now that hes tossed mud all over your good name idk..Ill tell you what i do know chris sold a chit load of trannys when he ran that special a year or so ago.. I havent heard good or bad about them but usually in buisness people dont leave much feedback when they are satisfied just when they are mad about something...I know plenty of guys still building 200r4s that arent on this board but they are mostly 450hp and under applications...

This whole thread is a really bad excuse to vent this crap out. Seems obviouse to me that this was ment to draw out and air the dirty laundry between certain vendors.

I worked with Chris on some small projects including his transmission dyno that is being questioned in the above post. Having a smaller buisness thats producing so much product sometimes makes it hard to talk with him but when I do, I offer up some of my opinions on his product and get constructive feedback. I still believe that I have better quality product from Chris over other vendors I've delt with in the past.

Allan G.

Wow well now that hes tossed mud all over your good name idk..Ill tell you what i do know chris sold a chit load of trannys when he ran that special a year or so ago.. I havent heard good or bad about them but usually in buisness people dont leave much feedback when they are satisfied just when they are mad about something...I know plenty of guys still building 200r4s that arent on this board but they are mostly 450hp and under applications...

FYI, I posted positive feedback regarding CK performance and this particular trans special.

No problems with mine, even having it shipped from NY to HI.. well packaged for transport and reasonable cost for trans and converter...

For the record: It took me longer to install the trans and make it OCD compliant than it took for the trans to be built and shipped here.

CK says they test the trans hydraulically and then put them into a test car for final tune and shift point calibration.

I requested shift points 5800-6000 and it shifts WOT 1-2 at 6K dead on. 2-3 I didnt get to look as I was literally running out of room on the road (industrial area) but it seemed to be just a hair under that... when I find a longer road I'll report again.

Very happy with the Pro-Torque converter, the cool deep pan and bottom feeder pickup and the transmission performance and service.

Low speed drivabilityis good... the stall is tight enough to get the pig of a MCSS moving without having to rev the crap out of it, yet easily flashes to advertised when you get into it... The trans shifts crisp at part throttle and is just a BEAST at WOT.

I cant say much about quality of parts... I read a couple of negative reviews regarding the TH400 VB... but since this thread is about 200-4R's, that shouldnt be an issue in this thread.