200-4r Tune-Up Help Please.

Hi Guys,
I will be dropping the pan on my MCSS 200-4r soon and need some advice.

I've got it behind a 327/300 hp SBC, TCI 2200 stall, Trans-Go HD2 kit, TCI wiring kit (internals) and seems to work good. Got the t.v. cable pressure set at 95 psi @ neutral and 230 psi @ full t.v. Just a street cruiser.

I just scored a deal on an Art Carr alum pan, but before I change it I need some help please.

-Will update to ford 9" with 3.89:1 gears with 27.5" tires- what gears do I need to sync my speedometer to read propertly? Formula?

-With this pan, what filter do I use? 700 or 200-4r? Any mods to filter?

-Anything to look at in particular while pan is off? Tweaking for tighter shifts?

-This pan holds 2 quarts/litres (Canadian) more?

-Noticed that the rear of the pan is divided from deep end, is it o.k. for the rear of the pan to hold that much fluid without a drain hole to deep end?

-Should I glue a magnet to inside bottom of pan like the stock pan?

Any help or advise would be really appreciated!

Thanks for such a great forum.

i was told the lugs in the bottom of the pan should be ground off .i think i was told that they **** the filter and let the tranny suck air! just what i was told.

anybody agree or disagree?

If it's deeper than the stock pan use the 700 filter for sure. Bottom feed is much better than top feed. Just make sure when you put fluid in it and it's up to the full line add 1 more quart. this keeps you from sucking dry.

Hi Guys,
I will be dropping the pan on my MCSS 200-4r soon and need some advice.

I've got it behind a 327/300 hp SBC, TCI 2200 stall, Trans-Go HD2 kit, TCI wiring kit (internals) and seems to work good. Got the t.v. cable pressure set at 95 psi @ neutral and 230 psi @ full t.v. Just a street cruiser.

I just scored a deal on an Art Carr alum pan, but before I change it I need some help please.

-Will update to ford 9" with 3.89:1 gears with 27.5" tires- what gears do I need to sync my speedometer to read propertly? Formula?

-With this pan, what filter do I use? 700 or 200-4r? Any mods to filter?

-Anything to look at in particular while pan is off? Tweaking for tighter shifts?

-This pan holds 2 quarts/litres (Canadian) more?

-Noticed that the rear of the pan is divided from deep end, is it o.k. for the rear of the pan to hold that much fluid without a drain hole to deep end?

-Should I glue a magnet to inside bottom of pan like the stock pan?

Any help or advise would be really appreciated!

Thanks for such a great forum.

Speedo Info. >> Speedometer Gear Chart 200-4R
Some of the Cast aluminum pans require the stands in bottom to be milled/ground down to use the 700R4 filter, you'll need to measure.
Have seen a few pans that had a few holes drilled in the divider/seperator.
Yes, on the magnet.