200-4r no second gear

brad grabiak

brad3320
I have a little problem that I can't figure out. I just totally rebuilt a 200-4r ground up. All billet parts and shift kit from CK Performance. I checked the intermediate band(servo) and adjusted the TV cable properly. The car shifts perfect into second nice and hard at 25 mph when the shift is in either D'S. On upshift manually from 1st going into second there is nothing. Also when manually downshifting from drive into second there is nothing. I thought it maybe the overrun clutches but it does downshift into 1st slowing the car. Anyone have and idea what I missed or I can check.??

No transfer tube on this shift kit. CK Perf instructions were to the take tube off. Block one hole with round rivet in the kit and the other is a vent. Have the same shift kit in my original trans and shifts great. any other things I can check?

No transfer tube on this shift kit. CK Perf instructions were to the take tube off. Block one hole with round rivet in the kit and the other is a vent. Have the same shift kit in my original trans and shifts great. any other things I can check?
That's some need to know information. The symptom you describe is exactly what happens when you have a leaking or missing transfer tube. I would go back and check your modification to make sure it is done properly. Is the rivet plug leaking or installed incorrectly to where it is keeping the valvebody from sealing against the spacer plate and case?

Could you have plugged the wrong end? Did it have another brand shift kit installed previously that could be effecting this??

I checked the plug in the valve body. It is good, tight ,and in the correct hole. I thinking maybe to swap the valve body's out and try. What do you think??