200-4r early shifting

Great to hear it is where you want it to be.Everyone has had similar results.The kickdowns are alive again.The "BRF" has no wot 2/1 kickdown @18 plus mph.This kills performance feel with a healthy engine.

Great to hear it is where you want it to be.Everyone has had similar results.The kickdowns are alive again.The "BRF" has no wot 2/1 kickdown @18 plus mph.This kills performance feel with a healthy engine.

Chris, you are the man brother! I may be looking into one of your valve bodies once I start to tune my car. I'm having some odd shift points as well.

How long ago did you have the trans built from Jimmy's? I have the single disc pte vigalante lockup converter. 3200 rpm stall. Done about 3 years ago from Jimmy's Trans. Is it possable a different valve body would help me also?

What was the price for the valve body? I have been toying with replacing the entire transmission ( year 85) in mine from a vendor on this site, I have had this trans rebuilt/inspected 3 times replaced the 1-2 servo, bought a ck trans timing kit and 3 different converters. still have the premature 2- 3 shift and my 1-2 is not as firm as id like it. I think im ready to get a fully built trans and be done with this. But if a valve body might fix it???

How long ago did you have the trans built from Jimmy's? I have the single disc pte vigalante lockup converter. 3200 rpm stall. Done about 3 years ago from Jimmy's Trans. Is it possable a different valve body would help me also?

If you have a built motor it will.

What was the price for the valve body? I have been toying with replacing the entire transmission ( year 85) in mine from a vendor on this site, I have had this trans rebuilt/inspected 3 times replaced the 1-2 servo, bought a ck trans timing kit and 3 different converters. still have the premature 2- 3 shift and my 1-2 is not as firm as id like it. I think im ready to get a fully built trans and be done with this. But if a valve body might fix it???

Who is building your trans?

Price was around $500. Well worth it IMO.

Had one of Nicks guys look at it, he did find a problem in the tv circuit . But it did not fix the problems with the shift timing and firmness. ( Yes TV cable tweaks were done and the cable was replaced) Is it possible that because this is an 85 transmission , the internals may not be the same as an 86-87?

Im thinking for 500 for just the VB , I might just take the plunge and get a fully built transmission from one of our board guys.

85 trans

Had one of Nicks guys look at it, he did find a problem in the tv circuit . But it did not fix the problems with the shift timing and firmness. ( Yes TV cable tweaks were done and the cable was replaced) Is it possible that because this is an 85 transmission , the internals may not be the same as an 86-87?

Im thinking for 500 for just the VB , I might just take the plunge and get a fully built transmission from one of our board guys.

I've had more than 1 85 trans in my car--also more than 1 87 trans. I found that the 85 has a quick or early 2-3 shift @ regular driving. @ WOT they are tha same as 87. Don't know if others have noticed this or just me.

The valve body also includes our master recalibration kit installed already as well as the 3rd control valve mod and 555 tv boost valve.It is installed in our test car to verify wot upshift points before being shipped.

2-3 shift has never been right feels early and not a clean shift feels almost like it shifts twice, been that way since i can remember with this trans. Was'nt too bad when i had 3.90 gears outback, but now that i went back to 3.42s its horrible. I think its time for a fresh start.

Adouble apply feel points to accumulator system malfunctions.I would try blocking the 3/2 control valve and see what happens.The 3/2 control valve orifices 3 rd accumulator oil in to the band release circuit and is biased by axle ratio.If your complaint changes noticably with axle ratio,and you are describing it correctly and Im understanding you correctly,then try that mod and see what happens to shift feel.If you have gear changes at the wrong throttle angle and road speed there are other issues involved.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling i'm going to be in touch with you in the next couple weeks Chris.