200-4R comparison

bbbad6

6 Speed TR?
OK, my question is basically this...If I am going to have a 200-4R redone for my Monte SS, what is the main differences between a GN one and the one in the Monte, and would they be the same once everything is redone?

I'll reserve the real technical differences to the tranny guru's..... i.e. Chris, Bruce, Brian.... ect.....

With that said..... I believe the most notable differences are:

the valve body..... the BRF valvebody in the GN's are probably the most sought after.

The GN govenor is different than the Monte's..... the GN's shift sooner.

The servo's are different too I believe.....

I think those are the most notable differences.

HTH

Really by the time you are done, if you install a bigger servo, you will just about have a BRF trans. Only thing is the MonteSS version will shift a touch higher than the BRF at WOT. I personally think the BRF is way overhyped. A CZ drives out in a GN super nice.(although I know it is not original that way) I would like the 3rd gear spacing to have a bit more distance before it comes in, other than that all is good.
The governors are the same except the orange gear on a BR, and a green gear on a CZ, or CQ. I have used both in a GN, and behind a small block Chevy and prefer the CZ, CQ.

Hope this helps,
Brian

the passing gear is much more alive in the cz.i love it.most br has no wide open 2/1 kickdowns above 16mphour,the cz will do it till about 22 and higher if you grind an exhaust notch in the 1/2 shift valvetrain :)

chris718 said:
the passing gear is much more alive in the cz.i love it.most br has no wide open 2/1 kickdowns above 16mphour,the cz will do it till about 22 and higher if you grind an exhaust notch in the 1/2 shift valvetrain :)

Chris or Brian, do you know what year model & make cars the CZ & CQ come out of?

trans

ok - from what i gathered from reading the above, if i have a fresh rebuilt cz trans from a monte ss i parted out (about 5k miles on it). I could run the cz and still have good performance from it as I would the brf. I lost third and od on the brf. the cz has a stage 2 shift kit and a stahl of 2200. should i get another stahl - the brf had a 3200 in it?????

any help/advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
buickguy

Buickguy,
You are correct.
I would use the 3200 off the BRF. 2200 is a bit low for a GN.

Brian