20 row stock location IC

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
I will be taking this IC off my T-type in a couple weeks because I am selling my car as a roller. I was told when I bought the car that it was called a Buza. The story I've heard is that this guy used to work for Mark Jackson when he made ICs early on and then he went off and made his own. It is made up of two stock IC cores, with a metal large opening shroud, and is nicely made, welds, etc. I think it is a good piece considering the times I ran on 24 psi. $575

tim87tr said:
I was told when I bought the car that it was called a Buza. It is made up of two stock IC cores, with a metal large opening shroud, and is nicely made, welds, etc. I think it is a good piece considering the times I ran on 24 psi.

This is the same intercooler that I've been running on both my cars below. So I agree to it being a good piece!! :biggrin:

This will make someone a nice piece in their car.

K.

[QUOTE='87Turbo-T-AZ]I'm interested, do you have any pics you could e-mail me?[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, I don't have a digital camera. The welds and fabrication are real good and I can look it over but don't think it has any fin damage. There are 3 cars in this thread running 10.5 to 11.0 on this IC:p

The intercooler Tim has for sale here is a real nice looking piece. I was checking it out last sunday. It is made out of two full stockers. The old Mark Jackson's have a reputation of being very good IC's and they only used one and a half stockers. That would make this unit 33% larger than a normal Mark Jackson unit. The common asking price for one of the old Mark Jackson units is right around $600, so $575 for this special one seams to be a pretty good deal to me.

I also liked the way this cooler is made. It has a totally custom neck that allowed them to raise the Cores up in the car to regain some ground clearance. This does stick down quite abit but not near as bad as you would think due to the special neck set up. If your looking for a big stock location unit and your car is not lowered this may be a real fine solution.

BTW: Tim's a good guy that some of my friends and I have done business with and none of us had any complaints. The IC looks nice in person when viewed lookijng down into the engine compartment with a flash light. When Tim yanks it out and says it looks good under closer inspection then all will be good.

HTH: Jason

Sounds like a nice piece. How does it compare to say PTE's stock location IC? How much lower is it than the stock IC? Of course the car is lowered with drop spindles. Thanks.

[QUOTE='87Turbo-T-AZ]Sounds like a nice piece. How does it compare to say PTE's stock location IC? How much lower is it than the stock IC? Of course the car is lowered with drop spindles. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Sent you an email. I have stock front suspension that sags and 27" tall front tires and have about 5" clearance. About the same difference as running a deep trans pan and just have to be a little more careful and conscious of the slightly reduced clearances. I think the tradeoff is worth it for a stock location IC that performs well.

pictures now available

Thanks to a helpful board member who sent me some pics of his IC, I now have 3 pictures available to show the size and quality of this maximum size stock location IC.

LETHAL-6 said:
Please send me some pictures. Thank You! ptsanderson@comcast.net
Sending pics FYI but per last post IC is sold on turbo trade deal. Thanks

Everyone, if for any reason the deal is not completed, and I do not anticipate that whatsover, I will repost on this thread.