1996 GS info

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Am looking at a 96 GS. 57,000 mi and appears to be a real "stone citizen's" car. All original as near as I can tell.:cool:
New rubber, usual dings, dirty carpet in rear and usual wear on the leather in the dr's seat area.

owner has had it sitting out for sale for several months now. Car needs a serious detail and wax. He/she is asking $8200 OBO.

I don't mess w/ these cars so don't have alot of other comments to add. [I'm assuring bankruptcy via the GN route!!]
I understand there are 2 different engines for these car?? This 1 has 3800 Series 2 on the trunk lid.
If the ask price is too high, what should a body offer??Assuming the engine's not cratered, etc, etc:D :D :D

any input is appreciated.

That seems a little high for a car that has been sitting outside for a while. The miles seem decent though. Maybe you could save up for a little longer and check out the 97's with the SC's? ;)

You didn't say whether it's a 2dr or 4dr?
FYI 1996 was the last year for the 2dr!
And yes it would be the seriesII 3800 200hp. 57K is very low for a 6yr old car. If it cleans up good and runs good it should be worth 7K to 8K.

And yes you can move up to the 97's and get the SC motor but it will be a 4dr!

In my opinion of the 2dr Regals from 88-96, the 96 is the best looking year. Buy the 96 and find a SC motor to drop in!

A former 94Regal GS Coupe owner