1987 Turbo T - Grey w/blackout pkg - Excellent condition

Who cares? I'd love to have people guess what's under the hood. :wink:

Silly question but what the heck is the round thingy in the lower corner of the pic off the turbo downpipe? That's not a different style of adjustable waste gate is it? (Sorry still learning)

No silly questions, we were all new to this stuff at one time or another. It's the external wastegate.

Thanks, wasn't sure as the only waste gate I'm familiar with is the one with a little threaded rod under the turbo that runs into the little cylinder. :redface:

Thanks Jim - I put the Autometers in myself. The car was equipped with the GNX style VDO gauges when I purchased it so half the work was done for me. I just had to fab up a mount panel and run a few new leads. They work great.

DO you still have the GNX guages??

Looks like all I will need to do to this car is install a turbo shield, and turn the key and go.. I like everything about it, can I assume that all the options work?? Has the A/C been converted? Is there a particular reason why you elected to stay with the stock braking system instead of upgrading to a vac. boost? This is exactly the car I have been looking, for, now to find the money, you won't be too upset if I put the emblems back on it?

Looks like all I will need to do to this car is install a turbo shield, and turn the key and go.. I like everything about it, can I assume that all the options work?? Has the A/C been converted? Is there a particular reason why you elected to stay with the stock braking system instead of upgrading to a vac. boost? This is exactly the car I have been looking, for, now to find the money, you won't be too upset if I put the emblems back on it?

Thanks for all the kind words Wordy1.

Yes I still have the VDO GNX style gauges (in the pic above). I also have the original turbo shield along with a replacement one I purchased and had powder coated to match the valve covers. There isn't a shield on there now because I'm in the process of putting a pretty new Vecco shield on. I'll take some pics this weekend once I get it mounted up.

All the options work, and I don't believe the A/C has ever been converted. I'll look back through the documentation from before I bought it to double check.

As for the brakes, I really never had any issues with the powermaster unit so I never considered making any changes to it.

And no, I won't be upset if the emblems find their way back on the car.

Thanks again-

In a box along with all the other original pieces off the car. It's got the "less is more" or "sleeper" feel to it.

;) Gotcha. Sweet ride! That freaken interior is simply one of the cleanest I have seen in any car. Even in 2000 mile cars. Awesome! Re-painting any car is relatively easy if you know what ur doing but trying to make a crappy interior look like a brand new off the the showroom T is a completely different story. That interior alone makes me want to pull the trigger. Geeez I hope someone buys that thing fast. And not that the engine compartment and paint are sub par. They too are mint. What a ride! Those small blemishises still make that car just cheery.

;) Gotcha. Sweet ride! That freaken interior is simply one of the cleanest I have seen in any car. Even in 2000 mile cars. Awesome! Re-painting any car is relatively easy if you know what ur doing but trying to make a crappy interior look like a brand new off the the showroom T is a completely different story. That interior alone makes me want to pull the trigger. Geeez I hope someone buys that thing fast. And not that the engine compartment and paint are sub par. They too are mint. What a ride! Those small blemishises still make that car just cheery.

Okay - you guys are making me re-think this whole thing. Maybe I should keep it. But regardless, thanks again for the compliments.

As for the interior, yeah I'm pretty anal about it. If I'm working on it for any reason and need to take it out for a test drive, I'll lay down towels on the seat and floorboard and throw on a clean pair of latex gloves to keep the steering wheel clean, sounds crazy but it works.

Just keep it! Where and when do ever thing ur gonna find one as mint as that one again? Ur probably not.

Unless ur hutten for cash keep it. Im sure ull miss once its gone. If I owned that thing I would be that anal as well. It's not like there making any new ones....;) Sit on it. It's only going up in value every day.

DAMN that car is gorgeous!!!!!!!! MUST RESIST THE URGE.......My wife would kill me if I bought another one. Maybe I should buy it for her as a Christmas gift..."Honestly honey I bought it just for you"
Bryan

dallen

Hey V8 saw your car, ready to give you a break , very serious about the car. I liked all of your answers about the car. Christmas is right around the corner. Lets make this my Christmas Present , If you are Ready to Sell , We are Ready to give it a Home in California .:cool: Beautiful Car (adcalls.darryl@gmail.com)

Is the car sold?

I have a serious buyer in line for the purchase. We're just working out the transportation details right now. I'll make a post once the car is finally out of my possession.

Thanks again for all the inquiries.

Do you still have this car? If so where in Texas are you located? Have you ever raced this car for time?