1987 pro-touring grand national, from the ground up

Funny you mention that, an idea I'm tossing around is to have a thin aluminum panel behind it wrapped in carbon to show through, not sure on how it would hold up to the heat.

and forever ;)

Funny you mention that, an idea I'm tossing around is to have a thin aluminum panel behind it wrapped in carbon to show through, not sure on how it would hold up to the heat.

and forever ;)

you could wrap the whole car in it. :D

hello; I like the alum. under the hood treatment and I've never seen it on a TB. The original hood pad does add some cool IMO if you could find one. There has been a few fiberglass hoods on diplay here and they do look like crap when you lift the hood. What your doing is 100 times better looking and if I had a similar hood I'd do it.
I like to see how that carbon film holds up with the temps in your part of the country.
great car
IBBY

I think the temps will be fine. I was hitting a wrapped piece with a heat gun 4 or 5 times and it didn't budge.

Well the car is officially in body now. The time frame is 3 weeks to 8 weeks. The body guy is on this forum and I asked him to keep everyone updated via posts and pictures on here. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Dash is painted and the carbon fiber is on where I want it, quick teaser.

IMG_0823.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0826.jpg

LOL I guess you decided to let the board host your pics now.:biggrin:

Yes, wish I could go back and redo the first picture, but it wont let me and the guys who run the board wont so I guess the thread will remain half dead

actually thats my fiancee's car, got it for her as a christmas present, but I used to have one lol
Stroker, heads, cam, exhaust... it was quick
Stripes3.JPG
Stripes4.JPG