1987 Grand National,77k miles-$7800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like a typical NE car that has been driven in the winter for several seasons. Unless you get a ton of pictures of all the body, the only way to tell is to see it yourself or have a reliable member look at it. The interior does seem to be in decent shape.

Is this the same car for sale that two deposits have been placed on and neither refunded?

If two different members lost their deposit because the car was "represented" right we have a problem...

Details, somone?

yes please do tell your side dave did you keep the deposit? on 2 board members or not? your liar thief and scumbag im just glad someone didnt buy it sight unseen really get ripped off

first off i took 2 deposits on the car,I only asked small deposits $200 i think the normal to hold a car would be $500 or so.
It was agreed upon beforehand that it was non refudable deposits,if he backed out, couldn't make it,changed his mind etc. then he forfits the deposit,that is the whole reason for taking it,so you don't waste your time holding it for someone who never comes thru, + meanwhile you are telling people it's sold or on hold , Anybody who has tried to sell a car on the internet knows this is how you do it because there is alot of time wasters.I held it for roughly a week, then he called me + said his truck died,+ that he was so bummed because he really wanted the car,so i offered to hold the car for him until his truck was fixed or have it shipped + he declined,so somewhere along the line,something changed on his end+ he no longer wanted it.
He knew that he backed out + per our agreement,he forfitted his deposit,+ didn't even ask for it,then about a week later he started pm'ing me asking if i could return it because i was able to sell it so quickyl afterwards,(but hadn't even sold the car yet + still havn't)Then he gave me a date at which if i didn't return it he was going to sue me in small claims court for his $200. Had he showed up coming from so far away + didn't like the car i would have probably felt bad + either come down on the price or gave him the deposit back just to cover the gas,but just to back out after a week is a whole other thing.
I was going to call him today to see what was going on + i come on here + see this.
What meaning does taking a deposit have, if you put your sale on hold for a period of time and hold it for that person and then the person backs out a week later + you have to give it back ? None.
The second deposit, the person showed up,+ pointed out a couple things about the car i hadn't seen,so we came to an agreement + i gave him back half his deposit + it ended amicably.

Now when i advertised the car I put pm me with your phone#,for a reason so i could explain the car in detail,which i have,+ actually talked probably 15 people out of the car describing it,today i went + looked at it even better,just so there is no surprises,when i describe the car,i hate wasting my time or anybody elses.

dave you are flat out lieing there was no agreement on deposit being non refundable you only came up with that later if you needed 200 dollars that bad dave i would rather let you borrow it than rip me off ....i did ask for my deposit back seeing how you took another deposit from another board member ....and gave him half his deposit back after he looked at pos after repeated pm and no answer from youfor days you was going to call me today right ?????????? yeah right so bottom line is you made 300 dollars off board members of deposits by lieing about condition of the car either you are blind or just plain idiot .......i just hope nobody else falls for his bull**** ...anybody wants to know about this scum and scam artist get hold me i will tell you the truth dave far from over

Looks to me like a typical NE car that has been driven in the winter for several seasons. Unless you get a ton of pictures of all the body, the only way to tell is to see it yourself or have a reliable member look at it. The interior does seem to be in decent shape.

Yup,and worst of all it came from Maine,I looked into then(for a lot less)and the seller (was a good guy)sent me pictures of the car and I backed out:eek: and to be clear ,I have nothing against a guy buying and selling cars to make money,but I do have a problem with dishonest sellers,been through it a lot,zero tolerance.

dave you are flat out lieing there was no agreement on deposit being non refundable you only came up with that later if you needed 200 dollars that bad dave i would rather let you borrow it than rip me off ....i did ask for my deposit back seeing how you took another deposit from another board member ....and gave him half his deposit back after he looked at pos after repeated pm and no answer from youfor days you was going to call me today right ?????????? yeah right so bottom line is you made 300 dollars off board members of deposits by lieing about condition of the car either you are blind or just plain idiot .......i just hope nobody else falls for his bull**** ...anybody wants to know about this scum and scam artist get hold me i will tell you the truth dave far from over

There absolutely was an agreement on the nonrefundable deposit,+ you know it,you knew there was alot of people interested + i made it clear that you had first shot ,but that if you backed out you forfeited the deposit,you didn't even come look at it,just backed out + didn't expect the refund, until about a week later when you thought i had sold the car then you said ,I hate to ask this but can i have the deposit back since you were able to sell it so quickly after,+ you also said you know that the deposit is for but you have a family so you would appreciate it if i would send you back $150 + i keep $50 for the inconvenience of holding the car.This has nothing to do with if you liked the car or not or how it was described to you,you never showed up just backed out.
you pm'd me about 1:00 this morning threatening to sue me,I was definetly going to call you today.I get home + find this mess.

Hold on here...
A member came to see your car, pointed out things to you that you were not aware of, decided not to purchase and you only refunded half of his deposit????
WTF ???
NOT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

Holy ****, I take my family on a mini vacation for 4 days and come back to this. I have some reading to do and decide how to handle this whole thing. PMs would be appreciated with SOLID INFORMATION not accusations. Thanks

first off i took 2 deposits on the car,I only asked small deposits $200 i think the normal to hold a car would be $500 or so.
It was agreed upon beforehand that it was non refudable deposits,if he backed out, couldn't make it,changed his mind etc. then he forfits the deposit,that is the whole reason for taking it,so you don't waste your time holding it for someone who never comes thru, + meanwhile you are telling people it's sold or on hold , Anybody who has tried to sell a car on the internet knows this is how you do it because there is alot of time wasters.

No thats not why you take a deposit and thats not how you sell a car. You are not out any money holding this car for anyone, this is a free site! Where are you spending money? This is dishonest. You put up a too-good to be true deal, take deposits because people are scrambling to get a deal, then repeat. If you were trying to be upfront you would be taking a refundable deposit.

well of course now he going to use this as his excuse not to send deposit back after i exposed him and his lies why should you make 300 dollars out of lieing about condition of the car ? yes dave are going to send me back my 200 deposit ? and another board member back his 100? you had plenty of time to get hold of me you wasnt returning any pms or anything dont sit there say i was going to call him before i seen all this mess ..... seen what the truth ??????what mess you keeping someone money for nothing you created this mess u so call it ....i gave you plenty of time to do the right thing ..if this car so nice why in world hasnt it sold yet ??????? and yes i did offer you to keep 50 for your trouble seeing how you didnt do a dam thing except go to the mailbox and cash mo .....so you made 300 on deposits and still have the car keep ripping people off and pretty soon car will be paid for you wont have anything in it

So ,now you are keeping his deposit to punish him?????

I kept his deposit because that was the agreement that was made,he just backed out of the deal after me holding the car for him for a week,+ then not showing up,+ he was fine with it,never even asked for it until about a week later,+ then pm'd me 1:00 this morning,threatening to sue,it was not a big deal until all of a sudden + then just blew up like this.

Yup,and worst of all it came from Maine,I looked into then(for a lot less)and the seller (was a good guy)sent me pictures of the car and I backed out:eek: and to be clear ,I have nothing against a guy buying and selling cars to make money,but I do have a problem with dishonest sellers,been through it a lot,zero tolerance.
So you had contact with the seller in Maine? Seems to be a few TBs up there too. They do get rusty up there for sure.

I'm not sure I understand how the the buyers and seller here got to this point but its sounds like a he said she said. I think it would be best just to send the money back and move on.

Well if you have been upfront about the true condition of the car been honest showed pictures of the rusted areas and then not refunded his deposit that would be different I restore cars for a living and lets face it you showed only what would sell and mentioned nothing of the other areas had you told the hole story i doubt you would have this problem or received deposits.I'd be pissed to.

O.k. so the agreement was that He was to come buy the car weather is was a rust bucket or not?How can you not see the d/s pillar and the door bottoms,rear quarters from inside the truck?So how about you tell the board what you paid for it,or I can post up my e-mails and pics from the guy you bought it from?Do you think They would have sent deposits if you showed these areas or told the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.