1987 GN - Saved! Restoration Picture Album

Thank you for all of the nice compliments!

The experience was one of the most rewarding things I have done in my life. I've always loved cars (have had approx 35 of 'em) but this Buick has really put a spell on me.

For the fillers, I did use NOS fronts because they were still within reach ($320...gulp)
I really wanted the factory fillers for the rear and located some used ones on this board. They were on a blue regal that was being parted out and I begged the guy to sell them to me....he sensed my desperation and charged me accordingly. :(
I noticed minor cracks on each corner when I un-boxed them but after speaking with my body/paint guy who is very, very good he thought they were salvageable with the high-tech glues available.

Long story short, the situation went south and after many hours of trying to repair them, chasing cracks, reinforcing the mounting points then new cracks appearing out of nowhere, we scrapped them.

It was toward the end of the project and it was going to take 2-3 weeks to get fiberglass repops so, I opted for the ABS fillers. They fit like crap to begin with but after a few hours of modifications, they were bonded into one single piece, and even has the little seam under the gas filler door and fit perfectly. So much so, we even briefly considered taking a mold of it to make some glass reproductions.

YES........... Another family member saved... woohoo LOOKS AWESOME.... Gonna let Mom drive it... NOOOOOOOOO :) Paybacks.. hehehehehe Nice work.