1987 Buick Regal - WE-4 Type T

Not to hijack the poor guys For Sale thread but IM not so humble opinion - that "it's not stock" argument doesn't work for me

I always prefer a TR that looks as if someone has opened the hood a couple of times or crawled under the car
I see many for sale ads where they claim it is 100% bone stock
To me - that's code for get out your wallet cause there is a whole lotta things that are going to need to be changed or modernized.
I know Barret Jackson has made that original stock thing trendy, but not on a 25 year old car
It's just expensive

I still think as many other potential we4 buyers that you should clean out trunk. Then you can sell off the components individually or as a package. And this would help you lower price on car . It will sell , everything does. Ebay it in the spring for top dollar. Glws!

If I had the scratch right now I'd buy this car as it sits. The right buyer will show up and appreciate the time and money of the sound system.

I just got to a computer where i could view the pics.
Wow - wee.

That's a whole lotta cool stereo equipment.
And it doesn't really take up that much trunk space.
Love the install quality - the ad plaque - well not as much but it's all good.
My only worry would be voltage, which can be critical on our cars, but I think you mentioned it was addressed with another battery?

Definitely nothing wrong with the cloth upper door panels
Not a thing, unless you're Barrett Jackson..

And I like those lowers
Where did you get those faux Concert Sound lower speaker panels? They're cool.

The motor is a stocker.
Good for some people who can do what they please, and not have to unravel a ball of tangled yarn.
I personally prefer a few updates and mods, but that's me.

I think there is someone out there who will pay 17,500 for such a car.
It'll take time to find them
Try evil-bay.
They seem to overbid and overpay like crazy there.
Whether they actually pay for the cars is the question.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Far as the stereo... It's staying. I really don't feel the time and efforts to pull parts of it out and everything will offset the $$ and labor.

As for the electrical system, there is 4-guage coming from 140-amp alternator to an isolator; 4 gauge over to the car battery in stock position and 4 gauge back to second battery in trunk. There is then 4-guage to a 1 fared capacitor in-line to the distribution block and 8 gauge to each amp. No electrical shortage at all.

I probably should have listed last spring rather than the fall, but hey that is what it is. I can be patient, but do need to move it by next summer. I will entertain REASONABLE offers, but I have no intention of playing games.

SW

I don't think he's out of line, considering that the buyer knows what this stuff is worth could easily sell it to the right person. Door panels, they're cheap. Plus these could most likely be sold to another gbody owner. The atr stuff is dated, but yet for some reason people still will pay 500 for used exhaust and 2-300 for the intakes, wtf?

Not to hijack the poor guys For Sale thread but IM not so humble opinion - that "it's not stock" argument doesn't work for me

I always prefer a TR that looks as if someone has opened the hood a couple of times or crawled under the car
I see many for sale ads where they claim it is 100% bone stock
To me - that's code for get out your wallet cause there is a whole lotta things that are going to need to be changed or modernized.
I know Barret Jackson has made that original stock thing trendy, but not on a 25 year old car
It's just expensive

Not everyone jumps up and down over a stock car. Yeah theyre great, but then you got 25 yr old mafs that will crap whenever, powermasters that crap whenever, stock front brakes suck nuts, stereo sucks, stock springs suck, corroded brass radiators, etc. I myself would have something reliable over original.

Thread back up to the top....

I don't care for elaborate sound systems....that being said, holy crap! That looks like it SHOULD be there. Very professional install, and tastefully done. That should not sway the sale in either direction.

There's a buyer out there. GLWS

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nicely done ! I would love to have that audio setup.
Someone will buy it as is...it may take some time though. Good luck with the sale.

Bryan

I'd leave the car the way it is. It's not my cup of tea but for the right person that install is incredible!

Nice looking car! It will sell just be patient.