1987 Buick Regal T Type problem fuel pump?. Or fuel filter?

Robertjw

Looking for some guidance my fuel pressure is showing me 25psi when I'm trying to crank it over but I'm not sure if that's enough? I can hear my fuel pump turn on but it sounds weak in my opinion not sure if that matters or not the sound not my opinion. Ha. Anyways I'm definitely new to this kind of vehicle and new to this forum I did read the basics but nothing I can find tells me what the fuel system should be putting out I definitely need some friendly advice/guidance. Also I'm wondering If a fuel filter would cause low pressure in my fuel line? And if this could cause a no start. And if any of you fellas live near MPLs Mn please let me know if you could help me out thanks guys.
Robert

Its possible the fuel filter is clogged, but things arent that simple on these cars, LOL.
You said the fuel pump sounds weak, you should hear a pretty good strong hum for a few seconds when you turn the key on.
Its hard to describe the hum unless you've heard a good pump verses a weak one tho.
It could be the fuel pressure regulator also.
Is everything stock on your car? More detailed info would help.

Whats the fuel pressure when at idle vac line off the regulator? 25 is too low even for start up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Set it at 43 line off, put the line back on and it should drop to about 38.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Soooo today I figured out my ignition module is bad but I go to oooriellyy to get a new and both mine and the new test bad then I come home with the new just to try and I freaking snap the prong on the coil pack WTF. Anyone come into similar problems when replacing the ignition module?..

Those tabs are fragile cannot take much bending.
I like to open the connectors a little so it will slide on easy but make a good connection and if I need to change another module I do the same to it also trying to help them tabs on the coil to live longer .

So I was told by the oriellys fellas that my ignition module was bad so I go get another one and go to a different oriellys and get them tested again because I had to kids doing the tests before and now the third test showed mine and the other one I just bought that they where good soo I learned that don't ever trust those tests at oriellys lesson learned I'm hoping that it just the pump now cuz I checked everything else if any of you have had low fuel pressure and have found something beside the pump or the filter causing this please let me know.

Its possible the fuel filter is clogged, but things arent that simple on these cars, LOL.
You said the fuel pump sounds weak, you should hear a pretty good strong hum for a few seconds when you turn the key on.
Its hard to describe the hum unless you've heard a good pump verses a weak one tho.
It could be the fuel pressure regulator also.
Is everything stock on your car? More detailed info would help.

You are definitely right that nothing on these cars is that easy thanks for the post