1987 Blue/Blue Limited with astroroof for sale

Thanks for the info on the wheels.

Turbo6 - I read the post you attached and want to be clear. Are Kirban's rims identical to that of Classic Industries? Are the rims that Classic sells the real deal or also repros? I assume repros that I didn't see that mentioned.

Also, do I want 4 fronts or two and two?

Larry

Im glad your keeping the limited,,
please change the wheels!!!!!!

look for 4 fronts off a gta pontiact they fit perfect with no spacers and have a big lip on them also....

Rafael,

Are the ones from a gta identical to the ones that kirban and classic sell?

Also, what tires do you recommend?

Thanks,
Larry

Hi Larry, Kirbans have the funkier and wider black center sections. Classic sold the front and back GTA wheels. Not sure if they still sell all the fronts. Classics are better in my opinion. Hope this helps.John

Thanks John. That's a huge help. I will check with classic to see if I can get 4 fronts.

Any recommendations for tires? And what about sizes - 245s all around?

Hi Larry, I used to have have 245/50/16 all away around. Thats what most people have on them. A plus is you can rotate without a problem too.Hope that helps,John

hi
if you piece them out 1 or 2 at a time then streep them then powder coat them you are looking at lots of time and about 1000-1400

jessie 626 590-0010
this guy has a few set's he was doing GNX duplicats i dont know what he has thou.
ask for 4 fronts its the best way in my opinion.........
tell him the PIZZA man gave his #..
245-50-16 so you can rotate just like the other member suggested..
also kirben sells gta center caps and you can get 3 shield emblems made for the center cap they look great,, get lug nuts and black plastic lug nut covers from kirben..

Hi Larry, Kirbans have the funkier and wider black center sections. Classic sold the front and back GTA wheels. Not sure if they still sell all the fronts. Classics are better in my opinion. Hope this helps.John

those are the old kirban wheels, they are now the same design as the classic, no more big ugly flat centers on them.

I have officially decided to take my car off the for sale market. Today, I went to see in person the other car that I was interested in. Needless to say, it was NOT anything close to what he descibed over the phone. It proved to be a waste of time but ultimately, it's fine by me to stay active in the turbobuick community.

good to hear, you'd probably miss it after you sold it anyway!
what kinda car were you looking at getting?

Hi Larry, Forgot to say glad your keeping it.What a beautiful looking car,John Thats good to know on the Kirban wheels.

Thanks guys.

Sugar - Are you sure about Kirban's wheels. I am still getting some mixed info as to if they are definitely the same as Classics.

Larry

yes, the mixed opinions is b/c up until about a year ago or so, kirban sold a different style GTA wheel, with a flat center piece.

those are gone and he now sells the gta style wheels we all know and love.

classic gta's:
10104410.jpg

kirbans current gta's:
7219b_lg.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and clearing it up.

I see on Kirban's site, his write up says:

"Do not confuse this with the version we have sold in the past, known as “Kirban-Style” GNX wheels"

Larry

I just called Classic to order the 4 rims but the rep couldn't confirm that I could get 4 fronts. He said to call back on Monday when the tech dept was open to confirm the availabilty of 4 fronts.

I still don't know which tires to purchase for regular weekend driving.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry

let us know if they do the 699 price for 4 fronts, or if they only do it for 2front/2rear, nobody has been able to confirm this...

i believe the standard size is 245 50 16, that's what i had on mine years ago if i remember correctly.
Tire Search Results read some reviews
i had the bridgestone potenzas, no complaints, was daily driven even in winter :eek:

I will definitely let you know tomorrow what I find out from Classic.

Thanks for the tire info.

Are tirerack's prices reasonable?