1987 Blue/Blue Limited with astroroof for sale

Thanks John.

I am excited to get them. I also just order the trans am center caps, lug nuts, valve stems and black plastic caps from Kirban.

I was thinking of ordering the attached center wheel cap overlay to really make it look like a GNX rim but an unsure how the double sided tape will hold up.

http://buickgn.com/blackalum6.jpg

Now on to tires. I would still love some personal recommendations for pleasure driving that will give a really nice ride. Sugar linked me to a good tire site with reviews. That has been helful but none of the reviews apply to our cars specifically.

Larry

Hi Larry, Not sure on the tires I had some Futura tires back in the day. Im sure some other members can chime in and tell you some good ones to get,John

Now on to tires. I would still love some personal recommendations for pleasure driving that will give a really nice ride.
Larry

As far as ride quality goes, I've had good success with this tire.

BF Goodrich g-force Sport.

BFGoodrich g-Force Sport

bfg_g_force_sport_ci2_l.jpg

Long tread life and smooth ride for grip quality you get.
Very good tire for the money spent in this size. (245/50R-16)

The Falken ZE-512 would be my next choice. Slightly harder tread compound so the ride would be slightly stiffer, but longer tread life. I ran that tire on my old XR4TI and the tires were definitely a harder compound.

Tire Details - Discount Tire

falhh3.ang.jpg

Very sweet looking car btw.
HTH

Patrick

Here are a couple of updated pics with my new rims and tires. Please excuse the glare in the pics. I will take some better shots when I get time. I still have not covered the the trans am center caps. Do the center caps pop out or does the wheel decal get applied right on top? I bought engraved decals with double sided tape but they don't mount on top correctly because the center caps are not perfectly flat.

Thanks,
Larry

Attachments

• 125_1298.jpg
    125_1298.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 125_1305.jpg
    125_1305.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 125_1309.jpg
    125_1309.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 110