1986 T type with 60/40 thats not a limited

etriebe

Did Buick ever offer a T type with a power 60/40 bench seat. ran into a regal for sale but not sure if it is a real T. The owner will not give me the Vin and am skeptical about this purchase. Also looks to have wood grain on either side of the pull strap which i am also pretty sure doesn't belong in there

Dont know the answer to the question but I do have a recommendation. ANY seller that refuses to give a VIN to a potential buyer should raise a red flag. I would be very leary. Good luck

Bryan

Yes on the 60/40...no on the woodgrain........also look at the rpo tag on trunk...do a search here

Dont know the answer to the question but I do have a recommendation. ANY seller that refuses to give a VIN to a potential buyer should raise a red flag. I would be very leary. Good luck

Bryan

No VIN, walk away. Even with VIN if you don't see it in person to verify RPOs on trunk lid or driver door, matching VIN on RPO with engine, you can't be sure what you have.

Had an 86 60/40 Maroon on Maroon sold on here at least once since I sold it. It was forsale with 100k less than actual in his ad and I called him on it. Still was a nice car.

My 87 T has the 60/40 seats

There are 4 different front seating options that a 86-87 turbo car can have:
-Buckets and a shifting console
-45/45 Limited with a non-shifting console
-40/60 seating (column shift)
-Full bench with column shift (very few ever built)

What year? 83 T-Type would have woodgrain on the doors. And yes, any year you could have ordered a split bench. Except on the GN.

Sounds fishy. Get a VIN. If it doesn't have the correct digit for a turbo V-6 than run away.

Its a real turbo car. There were 3 burgandy on burgandy 86 T's in NE OH with bench seats. 1 was from PA then sold here. It was rusty, this is not it. 1 was at Brian Lorenz's house, not sure if this is the one, it was very clean. The other a friend of mine bought out of SC as a roller with alot of hp parts. He sold it as a roller to another friend who put it together and sold it. I am 99.9% sure this is the car. It is very clean and solid. Someone put the wrong door panels on it probably because of fade. This car is spotless, the paint job isn't the greatest. The point is this is a real TR, and with some negotation, a good solid buy. Cars this clean aren't in NE OH.