1983 Buick Twin Turbo Indy Pace Car Engine

Although this is a rare and unique piece, it will be pretty useless to someone simply because all the wiring and computer stuff needs to go with it to make it run. The short block could be used but then again who would pay 11k for an engine that half of it needs to be taken off in order to use it? A collector might be interested in it but how many of them are out there looking for old Indy stuff to collect? I think this guy is high on the price looking for that right collector to come along.... Someone with a regular TR isn't going to dish out that kind of cash and then some on the wiring etc to actually get the thing running... Would be cool in a TR no Doubt!

$11500 is to high for a Stage 2 twin turbo V6 that is also a piece of Indy history??? lol

Thats freakin cheap and REALLY cool!!

turbobuick said:
$11500 is to high for a Stage 2 twin turbo V6 that is also a piece of Indy history??? lol

Thats freakin cheap and REALLY cool!!

Agreed.

$11,500 for a piece of history to put on a stand and look at? Chris you need to buy that then! LOL Different strokes for different folks I guess.........

Why keep it on the stand? That thing would be super cool in an 82 pace car. It could easily be put in any 84-7 TR and it looks like you could even get AC on it with 84-5 accessory brackets. Any wiring harness for a TR could easily be modified to work. A FAST GEN7 or BS3 could be used for fuel mgt. A classic FAST with a stand alone harness would also be an easy and fairly inexpensive swap. Front mount IC with some custom IC pipes and a true dual exhaust system out the back. Lokar throttle cable and a bracket for the TH200r4 kick down shouldn't be to difficult. The fuel lines and system looks like it might need some updating as it has 3 fuel pressure regulators on it and that seems like overkill, again this would just require fabbing up a few lines. All in all it looks like it would be a fairly easy swap require basic skills and tools. It would be WAY easier to swap in than most S2 headed twin turbo swaps that's for sure!!!

I already own a S2 twin car:D
IMAG0960.jpg