1982 GN Question

use the existing one in your car, put a shift kit in the trans you have, get a 2800 stall and a trans cooler. you can use your existing engine harness and stuff too. Pretty much plug and play. Make sure you get every piece you can off the guy it will make isntallation easier.

i finally found me a 83 turbo compete engine for 500 guy says it runs but if i do the swap should it be just straight forward does the 83 use any type of computers or anything for ignition just hook up my switch give it power and go, i take it its a mechanical fuel pump mounted to the block help me out guys

I believe it's a mech. pump. Get all the parts you can to make the swap simple. Glad to hear you found a heart, lets hope she's a strong ticker.

lmao i found why its 500 called the guy today to go buy it found out someother guy is on his way to pick it up today and the engine beens sitting outside its rusted and it locked up just my luck:mad:

DOn't sweat it man:cool: Any 81-83 setup will work. 82 would be best that way it looks factory. I've seen full setups go from 125-350. Just keep your eyes peeled. That's when you catch deals. Keep an eye out on turbobuicks and gnttype B4BLACK forums. THey were on the early 80s, i think 80-81 monte carlos too so just keep an eye out. Put away about 300 bucks, then Start building that 4.1 that's in there. It will already have the turbo crank. Just throw some hypers in there, make sure you have 2 dot rods ()whcih you should) check the parts for sale section for a set of ported and polished heads or even use your existing heads and have someone do them. Don't need to go overboard on the heads if you don't want to. A polish and 3 angle job should be good unless you plan on building a record setting draw thru setup;) OR you could do some forged pistons, champion heads, and that way if you ever do decide to go lc2 setup you already got a kick ass engine built. Either way it should be sweet. Stock longblock draw thru can be made to run as fast as a stock 87 gn, just takes some thinking-which everyone else has already done for you:cool: