18" CCW Wheels on Scot W's car..

One thing that TurboDave and I noticed today was the ride height in the back of my car was "un even" from side to side. This happened on my last car also and daves GN when bought brand new. So I may have a colapsed spring on one side or something. I may look for a set of nice OEM springs for the rear or maybe install air bags to level that out. there are a bunch of ways to acheive that also. Not sure what I will do yet..

SW.

FWIW - Check your coil spring isolators - these can make the ride height vary as much as 1/2 inch if one were missing and/or worn out. Be sure to measure from the frame to the ground as well as the body to the ground to see if it's an issue with the chassis or the body. In my experience, none of these cars sit exactly the same on the chassis and we all know about those sometimes missing body bushings.

FWIW - Check your coil spring isolators - these can make the ride height vary as much as 1/2 inch if one were missing and/or worn out. Be sure to measure from the frame to the ground as well as the body to the ground to see if it's an issue with the chassis or the body. In my experience, none of these cars sit exactly the same on the chassis and we all know about those sometimes missing body bushings.
Thanks Will,

I'm doing some measurements now! ;)

OKAY, I done it so quick I get to edit the post!! :) TOOK 6 BODY to Floor measurements (3 - per side) and ALL 6 varied LESS than a 1/16" (pretty much dead nut's) so the body bushings seem to be okay! Next will be the spring isolators and if those are good - Air Bag's!!! :)

SW.

That car makes me
drool1.gif
. Absolutely bad ass, Scot!
thumbsup2.gif
Thanks Barron,
This means A LOT coming from you with your Killer car!! :biggrin:

SW.

Update..

After replacing the worn out 23 year old bump stops with NEW regular OEM ones the results are great! After driving it around now for 3 day's and pushing it pretty hard through the twisty's here in the mountians there is no rubbing of any kind and the overall drive is just like it was when it was on the 16" old tires. It drives smooth and cornners wonderfully with just the wheel & Tire up grade.

Next is the alignment.

SW.

me likey

wow that looks great congratulations ,enjoy, all that matters is that u like them ,after all you got to drive it 900 miles a year lol. people tell me i should leave it stock but i did the way i liked, no regrets after all people think its a monte carlo anyway

wow that looks great congratulations ,enjoy, all that matters is that u like them ,after all you got to drive it 900 miles a year lol. people tell me i should leave it stock but i did the way i liked, no regrets after all people think its a monte carlo anyway
Thanks Donnie!

900 miles a year? So far since my new GNX style dash the odometer reads 318 miles!!! :eek: I'm really racking up the miles huh? :biggrin:

I'm approaching the build of this car with the same thinking that you have! It will be FAR from stock when it's done. The wheels & tires are nice but the really cool part is still yet to come! ;)

SW.

Scot ,
you going to be around labor day weekend ? Im going down to Fla but wouldnt mind trying to time it so I could stop in and see your car I would love to get a look at how those wheels sit up close and pic up some stuff I would like to get from you.

Scot ,
you going to be around labor day weekend ? Im going down to Fla but wouldnt mind trying to time it so I could stop in and see your car I would love to get a look at how those wheels sit up close and pic up some stuff I would like to get from you.
Sure! Give me a call (at the number listed in banner) before you plan to swing by.

SW.

Scot,
Did you roll (or trim) the outside fender lip in the rear?
Conrad

Scot,
Did you roll (or trim) the outside fender lip in the rear?
Conrad
Nope! The main plan was to let people know what wheel size and tire size can fit on a stock suspension TR without any modifications..

The lowering process will take place soon and as the rear tire does sit inside the wheel well, I still think the fender will have to be rolled to achieve the look i'm after. They were rolled when I bought the car and I Un-rolled them and put rear trim on it so it should be easy to roll them back. I do plan on keeping the trim too.

SW.

Update!

Okay the brown truck dropped off a box friday.. HOTCHKIS lowering springs for the rear.. Part number #1901R

Before I started the rear of my car (measured from the ground to the edge of the fender lip in front of the center of the wheel) went from 27 3/4'' to 26 3/4''.... It dropped it a perfect 1'' so far and all I did was push on the car up and down to settle it some, I'm sure it will settle even more after driving around.

Looks KILLER!!

Now the next project is to lower the front the same amount from 25 3/4'' TO 24 3/4''...

And some double adjustable shocks..

Then the future plan is a complete BAER T4 disc brake set up with 13'' rotors ALL ON THE OEM spindles.. The "T" stands for "Track" and the "4" stands for 4-Piston calipers..

Project "GN X RAY" is starting to resemble a vision I had two years ago..

Scot W.

Attachments

• Pictures 004.jpg
    Pictures 004.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 536
  • Pictures 005.jpg
    Pictures 005.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 534
  • Pictures 007.jpg
    Pictures 007.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 526