18" CCW Wheels on Scot W's car..

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well finally I was able to get these tires mounted and installed on the car and thank god I chose these wheels!!! They look awesome!!! :biggrin: First off With as much that has been said in the other thread about my wheels I would personally like to leave all the negative comments out of this one!

I understand there is many way's to skin a cat and with that being said there are many way's to lower a car. In MY eye's there is no CORRECT / RIGHT way to lower a car! There are just different way's!!

Now onto my set up, Eric (Ecessiv) and I have worked together to achieve a low raked stance using an entire stock suspension car while using a 18"x9.5" wheel up front and a 18"x10" wheel in back with both having a Back Spacing of 4.75" and with the stock suspension "NO RUBBING"!!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: The beauty of going with 3 piece wheels is this, Your not stuck with this tire or limited in any way because they are 3 piece! The hoops can be took off and new ones put back on to give you a 100% different back spacing!! With One piece your stuck having to buy whole new rims if you want to change back spacing..

I just installed my new 18" CCW wheels (All sizes above) and CHANGED NOTHING but my old rims & tires! and here are the results WITH 2 PEOPLE IN THE CAR!!! (Turbodave & I).

1) LOCK to LOCK = "NO RUBBING"
2) REARS = "NO RUBBING"
3) Rear tires away from the tailpipes = 1 5/8" clearance with ATR 3" exhaust..
4) Rear tire clearance from frame = 3/8"
5) Rear height from floor to fender lip (center of the wheel) = 27.5"
6) Front height measured the same = 25 5/8"
7) Front tire rubbed slightly while going 40mph and hitting a big dip on my curvy street,Normal driving and turns it DID NOT RUB! After further inspection I noticed my current bump stops are MUSHED & OLD!! :eek: I have new OEM ones here and will do that exact ride again to see if it stops. (will report back soon with pics of the old stops too)

8) Tires hugged the road 100% Better than the Kumho's .... :biggrin:
9) Over all, Very happy I went with this combination and the car looks 100% better too!!

If ANYONE would like to look at either of My & Eric's car and see for your self the clearances of these wheels & Tires we attend A LOT of buick events and would be More than happy to show them to you. Stop by sometime!

Thanks Goes out to Eric (Ecessiv) for all his knowledge and help..

SW.

These photo's were taken just after the test drive..

Attachments

• TOYO T1R's 005.jpg
    TOYO T1R's 005.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6,301
  • TOYO T1R's 006.jpg
    TOYO T1R's 006.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 6,426
Now onto my set up, Eric (Ecessiv) and I have worked together to achieve a low raked stance using an entire stock suspension car while using a 18"x9.5" wheel up front with 4.75 BS

Im i reading this correctly

Now onto my set up, Eric (Ecessiv) and I have worked together to achieve a low raked stance using an entire stock suspension car while using a 18"x9.5" wheel up front with 4.75 BS

Im i reading this correctly
YEP! :biggrin: Stock springs, stock Everything, worn out bump stops and even the top screw to the inner fender still in place!!!

18" CCW Wheels:

Front wheels are: 18" X 9.5" - Back spacing is 4.75"

Rear wheels are: 18" X 10" - Back spacing is 4.75"

Toyo T1R tires:

Front tires are: 255 / 35 ZR18

Rear Tires are: 285 / 40 ZR18

SW.

Looks Great Scot! You and Eric did a great job both picking them out and knowing how the car should react!!

Your car is an excellent example of how much time and attention to detail matter more than cubic dollars!!!! Awesome Job!!!!

Those wheels look EXCELLENT Scot! That is what qualifies as a modern GNX wheel. You're starting to give me a complex about my wife's white T-Type.

Looks like you guys did your homework. It always helps to have a "cohort" on a big purchase such as this. Details, details.

Looks like a few folks have a big ole' POOP burger to chew on!

Just out of curiosity - would you have clearance issues if the ride height was dropped to around 25.5 - 26 inches front and back?

Those wheels look EXCELLENT Scot! That is what qualifies as a modern GNX wheel. You're starting to give me a complex about my wife's white T-Type.

Looks like you guys did your homework. It always helps to have a "cohort" on a big purchase such as this. Details, details.

Just out of curiosity - would you have clearance issues if the ride height was dropped to around 25.5 - 26 inches front and back?
Well my front is already at 25.3/8" so lowering the back would be next BUT I actualy think i'm going to leave it alone to be honest. In person it looks awesome and there are no issues with 2 guy's in the car. Maybe in the near future I will tweek on it and slowly move it down but for right now Will we were after achieving a certian look with a completely stock car and suspension. This was simply done to let people know what size wheel & tire CAN FIT on a un molested Turbo Regal..

Your little street project sounds like it will be a beast!! Your workmanship is always top notch as well so I knew what to expect there!! :biggrin:

Thanks Will,

SW.

Front tire rubbed slightly while going 40mph and hitting a big dip on my curvy street,Normal driving and turns it DID NOT RUB! After further inspection I noticed my current bump stops are MUSHED & OLD!! I have new OEM ones here and will do that exact ride again to see if it stops. (will report back soon with pics of the old stops too)

It looks good, but maybe we have different ideas as to what rub is reasonable. I would add the ZQ8 bumps stops from a ZQ8 S10 blazer. I guess we may live in different areas, but this is what mine did and it drove me nuts.(still did it even with the new bumpstops but not nearly as bad) I didn't tear up tires but it just constantly scrubbed on the dips here in crappy Houston streets and highways. It was really annoying on hilly freeways with big low dips at 70 mph. Thats all i was saying, it will scrub the top of the fender lip with that setup. My car was much lower than your current setup at the time as well which compounds the problem. With the future plans you have with the good alignment and a few suspension components to fix the camber issue of the stock setup it should be fine.

It looks good, but maybe we have different ideas as to what rub is reasonable. I would add the ZQ8 bumps stops from a ZQ8 S10 blazer. I guess we may live in different areas, but this is what mine did and it drove me nuts.(still did it even with the new bumpstops but not nearly as bad) I didn't tear up tires but it just constantly scrubbed on the dips here in crappy Houston streets and highways. It was really annoying on hilly freeways with big low dips at 70 mph. Thats all i was saying, it will scrub the top of the fender lip with that setup. My car was much lower than your current setup at the time as well which compounds the problem. With the future plans you have with the good alignment and a few suspension components to fix the camber issue of the stock setup it should be fine.
This ONLY happened due to the worn out, Mushed down 23 year old bump stops! And taking a 25mph curve at 40mph that has a huge dip just at the end of it doesn't help either! ;) The reason for me taking the curve like that was EXACTLY for this test!! Trust me when I say this, "I will replace the bump stops with new OEM ones and take that EXACT same curve at the EXACT same MPH and post the results".. I will be fine tuning this set up over a period of time and posting up ALL the results and Changes.

Just sit back and watch what works! :)

SW.

One thing that TurboDave and I noticed today was the ride height in the back of my car was "un even" from side to side. This happened on my last car also and daves GN when bought brand new. So I may have a colapsed spring on one side or something. I may look for a set of nice OEM springs for the rear or maybe install air bags to level that out. there are a bunch of ways to acheive that also. Not sure what I will do yet..

SW.

This ONLY happened due to the worn out, Mushed down 23 year old bump stops! And taking a 25mph curve at 40mph that has a huge dip just at the end of it doesn't help either! ;) The reason for me taking the curve like that was EXACTLY for this test!! Trust me when I say this, "I will replace the bump stops with new OEM ones and take that EXACT same curve at the EXACT same MPH and post the results".. I will be fine tuning this set up over a period of time and posting up ALL the results and Changes.

Just sit back and watch what works! :)

SW.

It will still happen a bit Im thinking but we will see. If you are gonna put new bump stops on just go with the ZQ8s, trust me they are much better than stockers. They are a progressive stop so that if the suspension does hit the stop its a much smoother bump than an instant stop that the stocker provides. You will be much happier;)

I'll eat my poop burger when the car is off of stock suspension and brakes. Car does look great though.

One thing that TurboDave and I noticed today was the ride height in the back of my car was "un even" from side to side. This happened on my last car also and daves GN when bought brand new. So I may have a colapsed spring on one side or something. I may look for a set of nice OEM springs for the rear or maybe install air bags to level that out. there are a bunch of ways to acheive that also. Not sure what I will do yet..

SW.

When your Air Ride suspension is on, you wont have to worry about it sitting crooked.