120 injector help

So, if using my 120lb injector example from my earlier post, would entering in the 12.0v=0.82 ms get you real close? Then I guess you can adjust as needed.

That would be a good starting point for that voltage. He's probably idling closer to 13.5 volts. Not taking into account how good the wiring to the injectors are

What is your MAP value @idle?
Sorry I meant to say MAP not MAF. The value is between 5.5 to 8 depending on the idle.

That is the big issue with this car. Is cold start will not go into fast idle to warm up. I have done all I know to do with it. Even drilling a 1/8 hole in the throttle body to help but it hasn't.
The other issue and I'm sure it's all related. Is it just want to rev to 1500-2000 rpm just sitting there. If it's in gear then it idles somewhat normal. But other than that it's all over the place.

I chased an idle problem for a whole year. It drove me crazy. I messed with the VE map, AF map, timing trim, just about everything. I was adjusting the idle screw up and down and constantly found that just when I thought it was perfect, I would drive the car and come to a stop and it was all messed up again.

Technology spoils us. We expect the answers to be found somewhere on that flat screen. I'm embarrassed to say it was the IAC motor. I should know better. I felt like F'n JERK. :shame:

I was also thinking IAC. I find it odd that it would start fowling plugs in colder weather.

That is your problem. It should be a negative value. Are you sure you have the correct MAP sensor?

Wow. I just noticed that too. If that's not a typo......."Houston, we have a problem."

I don't know how Big Stuff works. But on XFI you have to fill in the bar range of the map sensor. And then also a voltage calibration. When I upgraded to XFI 2.0, I used a borrowed tune to get started. I noticed a problem right away when my "floating bubble" wasn't where it was supposed to be.

I was also thinking IAC. I find it odd that it would start fowling plugs in colder weather.
I have checked the IAC and it is working. I have even put one in with the end ground off basically no plunger to try to get more air on start up. No help.
I do notice that when I log the IAC it shows 00 on the ACT IAC but the DES IAC is the one changing, it moves with the throttle.

I chased an idle problem for a whole year. It drove me crazy. I messed with the VE map, AF map, timing trim, just about everything. I was adjusting the idle screw up and down and constantly found that just when I thought it was perfect, I would drive the car and come to a stop and it was all messed up again.

Technology spoils us. We expect the answers to be found somewhere on that flat screen. I'm embarrassed to say it was the IAC motor. I should know better. I felt like F'n JERK. :shame:

I know what you mean Joey. This thing has drove me nuts, and just when I think I have it figured out it does something else.
It's sickening I had it so good with the 83's all but the cold start. I changed the injectors so I could start playing with it, and it's all crazy now.
I have also noticed that when I'm driving it and let off the throttle it goes pig rich bad, and it didn't do that before.
I imputed the injector numbers in it and it seems better as far as not being lean but it still goes pig rich after letting off the throttle.
I think that might be another table to adjust just have to figure which one ( still learning).

I do know the pulse wd numbers I had was way off from the new ones.

I know what you mean Joey. This thing has drove me nuts, and just when I think I have it figured out it does something else.
It's sickening I had it so good with the 83's all but the cold start. I changed the injectors so I could start playing with it, and it's all crazy now.
I have also noticed that when I'm driving it and let off the throttle it goes pig rich bad, and it didn't do that before.
I imputed the injector numbers in it and it seems better as far as not being lean but it still goes pig rich after letting off the throttle.
I think that might be another table to adjust just have to figure which one ( still learning).

I do know the pulse wd numbers I had was way off from the new ones.

So, now we are getting somewhere:) Try reducing the PW just a little further. Maybe, not much.

If you have Decel Enleanment on Big Stuff use that to subtract Pulse Width for off-throttle after load conditions. If not, take it out of the VE map. Also, I have AF values pretty high there as well. Just be careful you have enough cells in the vacuum areas of the map to remove fuel without it being in the same cell under light load as well.

Chances are it's always going to go a little rich off-throttle. As long as it doesn't drown the motor and the fuel burns off quick enough. I kind of live with this problem in moderation due to the fact that I don't want half of my 16 breakpoints to be in vacuum. I prefer tighter resolution where the motor makes power. And also at the transition point of alky coming on.

I believe it's one of these.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well it starts and idles pretty good with the new numbers I can't drive it because of the weather so I don't know about that yet.

It wants to idle around 1500-1800 rpm but is normal when I put it in gear.

So I start thinking I will switch out the modified IAC with a good stock one. I switch it out and try to start car. It starts and only wants to idle at 200-450 rpm's. It dies and is very hard to start. I have to give it input from the pedal to keep it running.

So I put the modified IAC back in. Don't know what to do with it.
I sprayed about two cans of carb cleaner looking for vacuum leaks but nothing.