111 octane fuel??

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I run 110 and just found a station that sells 111.

Never heard of 111 octane before. Is it ok to use in the GN? It is about 75 cents cheaper than the station that sells 110.

Wilil

when you say a "station" are you referring to a speed shop? I wish I could find 110 or even 104 at a station. In the south we don't even have Sunoco with 94.

no, regular old boring gas station on the corner. Way off to the side by the diesel pumps is the 111 "Racking fuel" pump.

What is funny, in Ypsilanti there is a station with turbo blue 110 and he has it labeled as "Racing Fluid".

No, it isn't e-85. Says "leaded 111"

I run leaded 110 so I figure it will work, just not sure if 111 has something crazy in it that would make it bad for my car. The gas station on the opposite corner has 110 for just slightly more so I will just keep with what I know my car likes.

My car reeeaaaallllyyy likes leaded 110. Timing is raised and boost is raised. Zero knock. I get about 2500 miles to an o2 sensor and at 16 bucks to replace...eh...that's fine with me.

The "Racing Fluid" is 6.09 a gallon, and the same brand, same octane "Racing Gas" is 6.99 a gallon at another station. The difference is one is in Ann Arbor and one is in Ypsilanti.

A comedian once said "Hey, do you know what 'Ypsilanti' translates? Can't afford to live in Ann Arbor"....hah!

no, regular old boring gas station on the corner. Way off to the side by the diesel pumps is the 111 "Racking fuel" pump.

What is funny, in Ypsilanti there is a station with turbo blue 110 and he has it labeled as "Racing Fluid".

Ypsi-tucky? I grew up in farm country south of Ypsi (Dundee now Cabellaville).

Yeah on the O2. My current one is coming up on 3k miles, and with the little I drive the GN, that is a year or two.

I will go back and take a picture of the octane sticker on the pump, next time I am in that area. I had just never heard of 111.

For the extra .25 or so a gallon I will run the good old 110 I always do as my car seems to enjoy that.

Will

We are deprived down south. I don't think it's even legal to sell leaded gas in MS or TN. Sure love to get some of the "good stuff"!

You can run leaded if you don't care about your O2 sensor...

I know. :rolleyes: I just assume most people don't want or know how to monitor if there O2 sensor is dying and just want their car to work.

If the 111 is cheaper RUN IT!!!! I mean, save money and have an extra octane point....did I miss something? If it doesn't run well in your car it's only a tank of gas. If it does you'll save money everytime you fill up!

My concern was that 110 became 111 by adding something crazy that might hurt the fuel lines or another part of the car.

I don't deal well with change. I should try to adapt and run the 111 ;-)

Well I've been running the 111 for two tank fulls now and the GN loves it.

I honestly can't tell it apart from Turbo Blue 110. It looks/smells the same.

Here is the stuff:

TrackTek® Racing Fuels

It's the TT111 L

Gas station sells it for 5.59 a gallon. Just down the road they have 110 turbo blue for 6.99 a gallon. Guess which one I buy :)

You should be fine with the switch. I'd just check for knock and a/f. I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

Peter

100 octane Cam 2

Just yesterday I found Cam 2 100 octane at an Irving station near my house in Protshouth RI that I'd never stopped at before.

It's "only" $8.64/gallon, a $135 fillup is not happening so for now I'll only be using it in my 2 stroke trials bike.

Bob