11" bolt on brakes

petesgn said:
also
2 edelmann 258340 3/16- 1/4 brake line adapters

I just bought this setup from a local salvage yard for $100 per side. My question is where did you get the line adapters?
Thanks for the information,
Jeff

Jeff Rand said:
I just bought this setup from a local salvage yard for $100 per side. My question is where did you get the line adapters?
Jeff

from my local auto parts

any auto should have it or be able to get it

heres a pic of the bag

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 2,586
Jeff Rand said:
Jeff

Thats a good price what year where they off of ?

My local NAPA has Edelmann fittings in a rack out in the back.

Might want to check them out first. :cool:

This is awesome news! Thanks for posting all of this up here.

I want to do this to my Olds, only question is if it will fit in my stock rims. If you (or anyone else) would get the opportunity to measure the inner diameter of the Turbo T wheels, it would be greatly appreciated. I believe the Olds wheels have a narrower internal diameter b/c they are based off a 14" core (they step down towards the outer half of the rim).

So if someone would get the chance to see what the narrowest point in the turbo wheel is, I would be greatly appreciative. That or I am gonna have to find an S-10/blazer to bolt them on to :D

Gbodynutt said:
So the LS1 brakes won't fit under 15" wheels? Hmmm... guess i'll be putting the S-10 brakes on the Cutlass then. :)

We tried Ls1 brakes under 87 ttype rims. They do fit but you need to grind down the caliper some on top. All Fbody owners do this when they put skinnies on the front.

BLACK DEATH DSR said:
We tried Ls1 brakes under 87 ttype rims. They do fit but you need to grind down the caliper some on top. All Fbody owners do this when they put skinnies on the front.

Okay thanks. Cool. I'll be putting skinnies on it for the races and using some American Racing 15"( can't remember the name of them) rims for street driving.

Thanks Pete-thats what I wanted to see.I have a low mileage GN that actually stops pretty decent,cruising around with the stock hydroboost set-up and now w/the S10 stuff I can safely do some highspeed runs and know she'll stop a hell of alot better. Thanks for everything.

Hey i was wondering if at all that setup(s10 setup) would work with 14'' rims at all? Or do you think i should just upgrade to 15''s at the same time? Thanks

Justin

The bigger the rim the better it will perform, handle, ride (as long as you still keep some tire height) and Hook!! So I would say go with at least 15's!!

I just finish my installation of the 11" brakes (have not driven on the street yet). They weigh about 48lbs each vs the stock which are 40lbs. I had to do some grinding on the top of the spindle near the upper ball joint. I noticed that at full extension the control arm hit this area (could be a problem on a wheels up launch).
I run Weld skinnies up front and they hit the support that holds the brake pads. Also I use a braided brake line and it bolted up with no modifications.
Jeff

Eric and I are working on the OEM (GM and AC/Delco) part numbers and aftermarket replacement peices. (napa, etc).

We are almost done, but we need to check out a few more things. I was able to find almost everything new on ebay.

Rotors - 18060691 - $65 - 129 pair

Calipers - 18029754 and 18029755 - $50 - $100 pair (this is single piston, need to research more for the dual pistion)

Hub and assembly - 15731627 - $115 - $180 each

Spindles (steering knuckle) - 18060560? and 18060561? - $127 pair and up (I can only find 2" drop so far)

Again, the goal is bigger rotors (slotted or cross drilled) and dual piston calipers.

We will have more info in a few days.

Looking Very forward to hearing more Shawn!!! Am getting ready to do the change over myself and only want to do it once!!! LOL.