11" bolt on brakes

did u change to braided hoses i did on stock setup worked better /w your set up maybe even better? those rubber hoses are 20 + year old !!! : :eek:

What did you all do with the ABS sensor/wiring? Just cut it off at the spindle? Removing it leaves a hole for crud to get in by the bearing. TIA.

i have part numbers from gm..

LH knuckle.............18060559
RH knuckle............180605560
hub bearing..........15731627 X2
LH caliper bracket...18029752
RH caliper bracket...18029753

i was going to get calipers rotors and pads from a local parts store instead of the dealer, and call russell to get custom braided hoses made up.

here is what they look like when bolted onto our cars...
98-022.jpg

I'd love to run this brake mod, but I want to use a 2" drop spindle, and can't because of the unique sealed bearing that the 99-03 Blazer S10 uses, different from the older S10 spindle which I can can 2" drop versions of.

Any way around this?

Has it been verified that stock g-body brake lines won't work at all? Had to ask. The brake lines on mine seem to be quite a bit longer than the ones I've seen pictured and on e-bay....is there a difference for the years? Anyone buy new ones?

Thats alot if you are getting new GM parts :eek:. I can see hubs and maybe calipers but a used spindle should be as good as a used one unless it was hit that hard in front ;).

I just completed getting all of my parts and I'll have $285 invested into the setup which includes new pads and resurfaced rotors.

Anyone?

I test fit 80's/90's b-body brake hoses and they fit perfectly to the Blazer caliper and will connect to the g-body hard line. I needed new lines anyways, so this is an FYI, you should be able to avoid using adapters....g-body brake hoses might work too, didn't verify that yet.

i know it will be alot of money, but here in the midwest there is no 2wd trucks unless the owner special ordered 2wd. so all blazers are 4wd in the junk yards. i would think the knuckles are the same but the bearings are not. if i pay 250 for the assy in the j yard then pay another 140 ea. for the bearings, it would be cheaper to get everything from the dealer then get the rest from a parts store...

I feel the pain...I'm in Wisconsin myself so I know its not simple to find 2wd setups, but I found one without a problem. Actually a couple yards that had them, spindles/hubs for $150.00 a set. Then I grabbed calipers/rotors off a fresh 4wd Blazer at a cheaper yard so it was a total of $200 for the setup. Not sure how far you are from the WI border but one yard that I called was in Kenosha, they had a few setups off 2wd's available. I got mine from a yard a tad closer since I'm in the Milwaukee area. HTH.

mybuick said:
i know it will be alot of money, but here in the midwest there is no 2wd trucks unless the owner special ordered 2wd. so all blazers are 4wd in the junk yards. i would think the knuckles are the same but the bearings are not. if i pay 250 for the assy in the j yard then pay another 140 ea. for the bearings, it would be cheaper to get everything from the dealer then get the rest from a parts store...
Heres a set on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8035570670&sspagename=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1

And the knuckles/spindles are different for a 2wd and 4wd, as there is a hole for the front axle to connect to the bearing. I'd think it might be interchangeable if need be however(the spindle). Just have a funny looking hole in the middle.

I also wonder why you can't use a 4wd spindle/hub actually, they should for all g-body purposes do the same thing, just having the hole in the spindle, unless that allows for crud/crap to get inside and wreck the hub.

Didn't see this mentioned. With the "B" body spindles, there is a bump steer issue. Do the Blazer spindles change the geometry?

the Blazer spindle is the exact same dementions as the STOCK G Body spindle and unlike the B-Body spindle the blazer spindle does NOT move the wheel out. the best way to fix the bumpsteer issues and bad suspension geometry on these cars is to get a stage 2 setup from SCandC.com

Anyone else on here running a Stage 2 setup with the ZQ8 brakes? Can't wait until mine is complete, but will have to wait until spring to drive it most likely :(.

petesgn said:
yep same center size the stock T wheel centered on fine

i will take some pics tomorrow of it .

Just throwing this out as an FYI. I put a set of late model ZQ8 S-10 wheels on my 85 MCSS gbody and the centers had to be enlarged a litte bit to fit the gbody hub. My guess is that these S-10 spindles/hubs are indeed just slightly smaller than the center wheel opening of stock gbody wheels. Probably not noticeable since the studs are going to center the wheel, perhaps a closer look and maybe the use of a feeler gauge will verify my thoughts. If indeed they are a bit smaller I don't know if it would cause any problems. I cannot remember the exact amount had to be taken off the ZQ8 AL wheels to fit, but it was in the sixteenths of an inch unit.

Also, perhaps the S-10 Blazer wheel is different than the pickup?

Just another update on my swap...I used stock replacement Monte front hoses and everything seems to work just fine. Again, I needed new hoses anyways so this was much cheaper than new Blazer hoses plus adapters.

LSProgress6

Paul, you have the same ZQ8 wheels on your LS do you not? When you put them on, see if there is any gap between the wheel opening and the S10 hub. Maybe a sixteenth or so all the way around?

Mark

Dude you are the man !!! I have been asking if my stock hoses would work for months and no one could tell me, now I know I can keep my new braded lines.
I have been a little backed up the past few weeks I have a Stage 2 setup with pro-lite arms and rubber bushings, Bilsteins, and new moog lower bushings (thinks paul) waiting to go in, hopefully ill get to do it soon :(

I will check to see if there is indeed the gap on the ZQ8 wheel and hub....good point. It didn't register when originally reading your post :D .

Are they really that much more effective then a dual piston caliper on a stock rotor? I'm trying to decide which would work best for economics verses performance. :confused: I need to have money left for the stageII setup.