11.920@110.71!?!

seems every one want to praise you and and tell you your doing great
im not one of them

ill say it slowly so you can understand ...you're still slow , the springs were a waste and advice to lockup a nine inch at wot is rediculous and times show it did nothing , it will only lead to increases trans temps from the slipping clutches and a burned out lockup clutch leaving you nothing for the highway

something isn't right scottie.... and weres the data logs ????

work on the tune and quit trying to run 25+ psi until you get it straight

im not one of them

ill say it slowly so you can understand ...you're still slow , the springs were a waste and advice to lockup a nine inch at wot is rediculous and times show it did nothing , it will only lead to increases trans temps from the slipping clutches and a burned out lockup clutch leaving you nothing for the highway

very good advise

The car should be at least 4mph faster through both the 1/8 & 1/4. The valvesprings were needed, but you have other issues. I'd like to know what kind of rpm drop you're getting at the shifts. I'm betting there's something in that info... ;)

FWIW, I've built alot of cars with Ta/Te61 turbos, both bolt-on and full builds. I don't think I've had one of the bolt-on cars go slower than 115mph on the big end.

Get a Powerlogger so we can see the files...

K.

Stk IC

I believe a IC upgrade would do wonders. I have the same prob. I busted off a 7.61@87 and a 12.1@107 with 17# on straight 93 pump with Reds 93 Street chip through a stk IC but ported heads and roller cam. Playing with the boost/high gear timing/alky should do wonders. I have a frt mt and am too old/lazy to fab the pipes lol.
DO NOT MAKE BIG CHANGES IN THE TUNE! Make small changes and watch the knock/Air fuel ratio etc.

im not one of them

You gotta love Paulie!!! He calls them the way he sees them. :D

My last car and the OP's are virtually identical. I just didn't have the manual boost controller and I ran 275/50 MT Drag radials.

Never got to run that car in the 1/4, but it went 7.25-7.31 1/8 every pass @ 25 psi with mid 1.50's on the 60 ft.

You gotta love Paulie!!! He calls them the way he sees them. :D

He's only been telling him forever the same thing and Scott did you figure out where the smoke is comming from ? also something you did or changed isn't righ cause you ran almost similar times with a stock turbo that tells me something is not right in you combo post the log like Paulie told you then more people can see what's up and can help you out

But not by much though.

Put in my new chip from Eric with TC lockup at 84mph in 3rd.

Went back to Cecil last Friday night. Someone upstairs finally turned the water off. Was a nice night and got 8 runs in. Some were good, some were bad, and others were bad enough to abort...

Here are the best ones of the night.

Pass #2 left lane

60' 1.700
330' 4.889
1/8 7.599
MPH 91.32
1000' 9.970
1/4 11.990
MPH 111.23

Clean pass. No detonation. Hooked pretty good too.

Pass #3 right lane

60' 1.724
330' 4.933
1/8 7.630
MPH 91.59
1000' 9.992
1/4 12.006
MPH 111.50

Agian, a clean pass without detonation.

Pass #6 left lane

60' 1.694
330' 4.832
1/8 7.506
MPH 92.15
1000' 9.859
1/4 11.865
MPH 112.25

Best ET & MPH to date! Did bump the 1/2 timing up 1.4° to 24.4° total for this pass. I think it may have helped on the low end. I cant figure out why my car isnt backhalfing. This is my fastest pass ever in this car. And, its not even my best 60'...

AND THE CAR HIT OVERDRIVE!!!!! I know, I know, I know... I'm a moron.:redface: Did my burnout and when I revved it up to drop the brake pedal, I didnt pull the shifter back far enough. I saw 4.5° of detonation (at 111mph), looked at the boost gauge and saw 26psi creeping, and looked at the shifted and just shouted some random expletive at the top of my lungs to noone in particular... I think I finally realived I had a mechanical/electrical problem with my GN. Figures....:mad:

Pass #7 left lane

60' 1.742
330' 4.900
1/8 7.578
MPH 92.04
1000' 9.930
1/4 11.934
MPH 111.98

Not a bad pass. Bumped the high gear timing as well.
There is deffinetly something wrong or something else needed. Like I/C.. ?? To me it almost seems like something is restricting something (holding something back?).

I have a little TE-44 turbo, 55lb inj, TT chip, 3" THDP, 2800 PTC (twisted 6) NLU Conv, FMIC and on 21lbs of boost the car has went 115mph with a terrible 2.034 60'... New times yet to come!

Right now it's tuned to 29lbs boost for the street and thats only on 93 octane! NO alky.... Yet. ;)

Full weight car too! NO fiberglass body parts, Leather pillow back seats, power windows...

Start to fine tune it slowly, There is something holding it back. Out of all 13 of your times posted it really never gained much in the end.. (gained only 2mph over 13 runs) & went from (21 to 26 lbs boost) it should have kept getting faster if things were working properly..

Scot W.

Hey Scott, give me a call about the intercooler I think I can help you out. Since my car is down I have a dutt neck on mine.

My last car and the OP's are virtually identical. I just didn't have the manual boost controller and I ran 275/50 MT Drag radials.

Never got to run that car in the 1/4, but it went 7.25-7.31 1/8 every pass @ 25 psi with mid 1.50's on the 60 ft.

My car's best 1/8 mile is a 7.50 with a best 60' of 1.57. We'll see what happens after I get it inspected. That's next on the priority list.

He's only been telling him forever the same thing and Scott did you figure out where the smoke is comming from ? also something you did or changed isn't righ cause you ran almost similar times with a stock turbo that tells me something is not right in you combo post the log like Paulie told you then more people can see what's up and can help you out

I believe its the turbo. If it were the rings, it'd be constant I'd think; which it's not. Might swap the stocker back on after said inspection is complete. We'll see.

There is deffinetly something wrong or something else needed. Like I/C.. ?? To me it almost seems like something is restricting something (holding something back?).

I have a little TE-44 turbo, 55lb inj, TT chip, 3" THDP, 2800 PTC (twisted 6) NLU Conv, FMIC and on 21lbs of boost the car has went 115mph with a terrible 2.034 60'... New times yet to come!

Right now it's tuned to 29lbs boost for the street and thats only on 93 octane! NO alky.... Yet. ;)

Full weight car too! NO fiberglass body parts, Leather pillow back seats, power windows...

Start to fine tune it slowly, There is something holding it back. Out of all 13 of your times posted it really never gained much in the end.. (gained only 2mph over 13 runs) & went from (21 to 26 lbs boost) it should have kept getting faster if things were working properly..

Scot W.

I think the only reason it gained MPH is because it hit OD. Havent been back to the track since. I finally got my tach AutoMeter tach fixed too. Turned out the switchs weren't set properly (or ever...). Im gonna try a Dutt neck and see what happens.

Locking the TC didnt do a damn thing, so Im gonna put the other TT chip back in.

And yes, I knew the ported stock IC was going to be a big restriction going into this. I figured it would be okay when I had the 009s in the car, so as not to lean it out. Now that I can adequately fuel the 61 in it boost range with the 50s, I think I need to upgrade to a Dutt neck IC for now. Ultimately I'd like to go to a PTE SLIC and be done with it.

Hopefully once I get my laptop back, I can post up some logs from my car.

Hey Scott, give me a call about the intercooler I think I can help you out. Since my car is down I have a dutt neck on mine.

I heard you had your car down in OCMD?!:confused: Let me know, maybe we can work something out. PM sent.

Dutt Neck kit...

is on the way. Hopefully this will help, but Im not sure its gonna be the "magic ticket" Im looking for. I turned the boost way down to 17psi since I took the DRs off the car for inspection purposes. Im not sure what kind of turnaround Im looking at on the IC, but hopefully it wont be too long.

Also see the car shift into 3rd around 48-4900rpm or so. My AutoMeter tach is pretty accurate now that it's set right. Its maybe ~100rpm off of the ScanMaster 2.2 I have.

Once I get my laptop back I should be able to get some logs out of the car.

How much can I expect to gain from the Dutt neck? Can I increase the shift points to 52-5300rpm? How would I do that?

is on the way. Hopefully this will help, but Im not sure its gonna be the "magic ticket" Im looking for. I turned the boost way down to 17psi since I took the DRs off the car for inspection purposes. Im not sure what kind of turnaround Im looking at on the IC, but hopefully it wont be too long.

Also see the car shift into 3rd around 48-4900rpm or so. My AutoMeter tach is pretty accurate now that it's set right. Its maybe ~100rpm off of the ScanMaster 2.2 I have.

Once I get my laptop back I should be able to get some logs out of the car.

How much can I expect to gain from the Dutt neck? Can I increase the shift points to 52-5300rpm? How would I do that?

20 to 30 horsepower. quicker spool

Can I increase the shift points to 52-5300rpm? How would I do that?

you can manually shift now that you have a working tach
or if you want permanent.. take 4 grams off the governor
i wouldnt go by shift point at 17psi , wait until you get the boost back where you want it and and the hp where it should be see where it is then
if you had started this thread with a logs showing 4800 shifts at 2-3 then we would have had a better idea as to why the car wasnt performing as well as it should .
get the damn logger working already
still dont know why you swapped the trans when the other one seemed to be doing just fine

20 to 30 horsepower. quicker spool

Sounds good. I'll replace the couplers and clamps while Im at it.

you can manually shift now that you have a working tach
or if you want permanent.. take 4 grams off the governor
i wouldnt go by shift point at 17psi , wait until you get the boost back where you want it and and the hp where it should be see where it is then
if you had started this thread with a logs showing 4800 shifts at 2-3 then we would have had a better idea as to why the car wasnt performing as well as it should .
get the damn logger working already
still dont know why you swapped the trans when the other one seemed to be doing just fine

The tach wasnt working right when I last raced the car. Banning helped me with it and we also hooked up the MAP for boost referencing into the PowerLogger. Im not a big fan of manually shifting the car either. Hasnt worked too well for me the times Ive tried it.

PowerLogger is functional in my GN. I DO NOT have a laptop to use however. It got loaded with XP SP3 when it shouldve had Win98 for its Pentium2 processor...:redface:

This trans in the GN now is out of my totaled WH-1 you helped take apart. Its built pretty well, where as the other is original as far as I can tell. The current one should hold up better.

As far as tuning goes, can I pull fuel from 1st/2nd now that I have enough fuel for the 61? Ive got 50s now. Would this help any? Still dont know why my car wont pick up MPH after the 1/8th.

Not sure if it'll help, just thinking out loud really.