11.51 @ 120.68

we4Mateo said:
I actually went 120.68mph but it's my converter that is keeping me out of the tens. It's fun as it is though and keeps the officials off my back about the lack of cage.

What was the pass? I edited once because one post was 122. Lmk so I can adjust it

That
It's 120.68. You changed it based on a typo I made :eek:. Sorry about that. See post #9.

120.68 works out to 10.98. Still a 10!:D

Save your money, disregard the BS about you must have a LU and get a PTC 9.5 NL from Dusty.

120.68 will need a 60' in the high 1.4's to go 10.9's, which is possible with a converter. It might even pick up some mph with a good converter. Would love to see what this car would do with a PTC. Nice job.

I use Wallace Racing ideal time slip to measure my car's performance. Here is OP's comparison.

Wallace
Racing
Ideal Actual Differenc
60 1.530 1.698 0.168

330 4.410 4.783 0.373

1/8 6.980 7.408 0.428

MPH 98.11 94.43 (3.680)

1000 9.110 9.633 0.523

1/4 10.980 11.51 0.530

MPH 120.68 120.68 -

http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php

Car picked up 26.25 MPH in back half of track

120.68 will need a 60' in the high 1.4's to go 10.9's, which is possible with a converter. It might even pick up some mph with a good converter. Would love to see what this car would do with a PTC. Nice job.

I lock my converter now in 3rd, but you think it may even mph better with a nl ptc? That's thought provoking and tempting. Outside of the Buick guys, I know of an 8sec turbo sbc el camino that uses a nl ptc and my dad's tpi camaro really came to life with his lu ptc. It was always my intention to get a nl ptc but I got a REALLY good deal on my 5-disc Vig and it has worked very well for me so far for three years now and a LOT of passes without a hiccup. I don't like that I have to lock it to really get it to couple though and that's not always an option on the street. My chip can lock it but that's not something I want on all the time and other times, I don't have my switch hooked up. That's why I think a nl ptc may make me happier on the street where my cars lives most of its life. I'm working on a 9:1 stock stroke motor now to go with a 6266cea so I think I'll break it in on the vig and get a nl ptc asap. I'd like to change one thing at a time; so I at least have something to look forward to still if nothing else.

I lock my converter now in 3rd, but you think it may even mph better with a nl ptc? That's thought provoking and tempting. Outside of the Buick guys, I know of an 8sec turbo sbc el camino that uses a nl ptc and my dad's tpi camaro really came to life with his lu ptc. It was always my intention to get a nl ptc but I got a REALLY good deal on my 5-disc Vig and it has worked very well for me so far for three years now and a LOT of passes without a hiccup. I don't like that I have to lock it to really get it to couple though and that's not always an option on the street. My chip can lock it but that's not something I want on all the time and other times, I don't have my switch hooked up. That's why I think a nl ptc may make me happier on the street where my cars lives most of its life. I'm working on a 9:1 stock stroke motor now to go with a 6266cea so I think I'll break it in on the vig and get a nl ptc asap. I'd like to change one thing at a time; so I at least have something to look forward to still if nothing else.

If you buy the JB version of the 6266, you'll save enough to be able to make a big dent in the cost of a PTC. My 6265 JB spools very fast.

I've gone through more convertors than I'd like to admit and the NL PTC will be the last one unless Dusty makes a better one.

I thought you had stock converter. If you have a Vigilante, I don't think you will see a big difference at this power level. You should be able to 60' in the high 1.4's with the Vigilante. A friend of mine is running a 0 pump 5 disc with a TE44 and a stock engine, and I have gotten 1.50 60's launching on 7 to 8 psi, 10 psi spun with poor track prep. This is an untouched 100000 mile rear suspension, with only 1 airbag with 25psi in it and 275/60 MT drag radials. I would like to try a MT Pro Radial or a Hoosier on that car. What really helped the 60' was switching from a TT chip to an extender extreme, translator, LS1 sensor. The car went in the 1.6's on the TT chip. The car is stuck at 116mph for some reason (I have a new idea, need to wait til next season), but has gone 11.35@116 with a 1.50 60' on 26 to 31 psi. If we could get 120mph, it would be in the 10's.

Nice run...congrats on the acheivement-you're representing the eastern Iowa crowd well!!

Thank you much. I'm hoping to get some sub 11.50 slips in BG this week. They are a little more forgiving on the cage requirement. :) Little closer to sea level too, so I'm adding fuel for the colder temps and that. Hopefully it picks up another mph or two yet too.

hate to burst your bubble but
that wallace calc doesnt work using 60' becuse they base the 60 of a typical hp and to lower 60 they assume a HP increase ,

you can bild more boost and launch with more getting to your target boost faster and that will cut down the 60' but you still have your boost at target so HP hasnt increased , with a better 60' all you gain is that time back that you made up in the 60,( unless car still hasn't reached target boost until past the 60')

a better way is to look at your trap speed and see what your hp is , then take vehicle weight and calculate where your et should be for the hp and weight

my calcs put a 3700lb car with 120.6 at 11.3 . 506hp, 7.185 1/8 (approx 95.5), lighter will be faster

Update! Went a little slower at 119.56mph but got a new PB ET of 11.343. The vacuum brakes help 10psi and I blew the tires off towards the end of the day on Saturday at the Nats. I took a little air out of the MT's, thanks JD, and got her to hook to a 1.57 60' off a vacuum asstd foot brake launch to the ET and mph noted above.

Thanks to everyone that I met at the Nats this year. I got some great tips re: all kinds of things with the car.

Your times are very similiar to my last trip to the track but you are getting as much done with less...I have a 6262 billet wheel....I went 11.6 @ 120, 11.5 @119, 11.4 @119, and last pass was 11.3 @119....Was having troubles breaking up at the top of the track then it would clear out and come back, so that hurt me a little...

3.8L V-8 eater said:
Your times are very similiar to my last trip to the track but you are getting as much done with less...I have a 6262 billet wheel....I went 11.6 @ 120, 11.5 @119, 11.4 @119, and last pass was 11.3 @119....Was having troubles breaking up at the top of the track then it would clear out and come back, so that hurt me a little...

What psi? You need to like the upper 20s for boost with that 6262 to make it sing. You have a lot more room to grow than I do. My 44 is about done on my hotside to go any faster. Good luck. How do you like the turbo? I'm thinking 6266 for my next motor combination. How is your street spool? What converter? Sorry if that's in your sig. The mobile app doesn't show it.

Boost was around 24lbs, but it will spike in 3rd gear up to about 27 then fall off and go back up...Toughest thing with this turbo is boost spike and I already ported the housing...Going to pull the housing off this winter and see where the carbon marks are and look to see if I can port a little more....I know parts of the radius are as far as i can go....Converter is an Art Carr i would say around 3000 stall...Just went to this converter for the passes i mentioned above...Started loosing MPH on the other converter as it started to give up the ghost....

That would be a good turbo for you just watch the spike...I wanted to run more boost, but if I set it high and it spikes that's a problem....Good luck!! Like you I'm wanting that 10 second slip!!

Unverified but the chip is set at 20/17 but I have a bhj balancer so add 3-4 degrees to those numbers.
Your TR6 ignition can help you verify your timing. Super cool feature. I tried it with mine and was happy to see it was right on the money.

BEATAV8 said:
Your TR6 ignition can help you verify your timing. Super cool feature. I tried it with mine and was happy to see it was right on the money.

It tells you if the cam sync is advanced or retarded but ignition timing can only be verified with a light. The tr6 will lock advance at 15 degrees but other than that, it doesn't help with ignition timing much more than that. Please correct me if I'm not understanding this right. I haven't done it yet.