11.01 @ 118 stock long block combo

nickb

Went to Atco this past Friday and ran a few consecutive 11.0's figured I would share my setup. FYI I drive to the track from Atlantic City area which is an hour away. I usually park it for a half hour or so to let it cool down. Adjusted the tire pressure in the MT drag radials to 21lbs. Temp at atco was 50 degrees and sunny. I passes were off the footbrake and my burnouts were on the long side to make sure the tires were hot.

Short Version
Precision 62 turbo
Precision SLIC
6olb injectors
Razors Alky
walbro hotwired pump
RJC 3" exhaust
3" downpipe
Fully built tranny

details in my sig

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 310
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 323
28-29# boost on all passes. Still have the ATR bar havnt had time to install the H&R, Lakewood drag shocks.

here are a few videos. not great videos but what can you do

Not sure what it weighs. I was leaving at around 12psi. But really I was letting go of the brakes when I could feel the car not being able to hold much more, then I would just stand on the throttle.

Not sure what it weighs. I was leaving at around 12psi. But really I was letting go of the brakes when I could feel the car not being able to hold much more, then I would just stand on the throttle.
I was told to launch the car the same way.

So a stock long block on 29 psi. How much psi can factory mounted head handle?
Just curious.

congratulations.

thanks
D

has the car been lightened?

fiberglass bumpers and aluminum bumper supports only

Just curious.

Its not factory mounted head, this motor has had a stock rebuild about 25k miles ago. as long as my 02s are good which I have never seen them drop below 750, I stay in it. I usually take my first pass at like 24-25# boost just to make sure all is good. And then turn it up every pass. If I have to add fuel in the chip I do, but I dont mess with timing at all. MT drag radials @ 21 a couple gallons of 103 mixed with my 93, and I just run it.

Thanks for the compliments!

Attachments

• IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
Must of had a pretty good 60ft...Alot of guys on the board myself included aren't going quite as fast at 118....Good job!!!

Must of had a pretty good 60ft...Alot of guys on the board myself included aren't going quite as fast at 118....Good job!!!

x2, he had a low 1.5x 60' that I saw. I went 11.34 @ 119 @ BG with a 1.57 60' so OP is really getting it done. I noticed some light weight wheels in the vids too though. :)

Just curious.

congratulations.

thanks
D

And this is boost as measured at the throttle body. In my case, it takes a lot of psi to push mass flow through a stock TB/plenum/intake and past those tiny stock valves to get enough mass flow to make the power. Heads lift easier at 20lbs on a purpose built, high flow Buick V6. With no detonation, high cylinder pressure lifts heads, not a certain boost number. I do use ARP head bolts and plan studs for the next combo.