1" Spacers

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
Been looking for a 1" intake spacer and can't find one. Who sellers them and a link to them.

Thanks

I think the main reason they are used is to add clearance for 4 inch inlets pipes, I have read conflicting opinions as to any performance gain and apparently they do not play well with power plates.

I think the main reason they are used is to add clearance for 4 inch inlets pipes, I have read conflicting opinions as to any performance gain and apparently they do not play well with power plates.

I will assume that they don't play well together because the PP was designed with the plenum volume only minus the spacer and maybe a little with how the flow changes due to volume differences with and without the spacer.

I will assume that they don't play well together because the PP was designed with the plenum volume only minus the spacer and maybe a little with how the flow changes due to volume differences with and without the spacer.
If you look at the tests that were performed at Richard Clark's facility you may be surprised. The spacer does add more volume but also allows the air more room to turn within the plenum.

If you look at the tests that were performed at Richard Clark's facility you may be surprised. The spacer does add more volume but also allows the air more room to turn within the plenum.

My car came with a 1" spacer and I was going to try a PP, but have no need as my engine runs like ten good men without one and I run 22/23 lbs. of boost with the alky turned off and 11.2 on the W/B with no KR so I think all cylinders are close enough to not cause a lean condition and KR.

My feelings are if it ain't broke don't fix it, that's when real problems start to rear their ugly heads. When you throw stuff at it just for the sake of trying it and then wonder why the car is getting slower and you realize you could have better spent your money elsewhere.

ThrottleBodySpacer-1.jpg

As mentioned previously! ;) http://buickgn.com/billetplenumspacer.htm

I used a 1/2" Champion spacer w/ angle IAC mount and cleared my 4" intake pipe nicely. If using RJC plate, place it above the spacer. 1 inch may rub hood, plus while your'e in there clean up EGR junk & smooth out rough spots.

Might want to do some measuring first. If your motor mounts are in good shape, 1" spacer is probably going to put your vacuum block into the hood liner.

I have a 1/2" spacer and the liner has a witness mark and polished the top of my vac block.

Might want to do some measuring first. If your motor mounts are in good shape, 1" spacer is probably going to put your vacuum block into the hood liner.

I have a 1/2" spacer and the liner has a witness mark and polished the top of my vac block.

You are right it will hit the hood liner. I have removed mine just for that reason.

That's the reason I always used a spacer on mine. Has there been any conclusive testing as to the proper location for the power plate, as it was designed to be placed at the mating surface of the intake and the dog house?

That's the reason I always used a spacer on mine. Has there been any conclusive testing as to the proper location for the power plate, as it was designed to be placed at the mating surface of the intake and the dog house?
The spacer may help with my configuration (Hemco) since the hemco will tend to load up the middle (3 & 4) runners. What seems to be taken lightly in this air distribution stuff is that a ported lower intake with the egr chimney removed allows cylinders 1 & 2 to breathe better which tends to help lean back & middle cylinders. Also the lower plenum volume increases so the resonant rpm of the intake runners may change slightly

I run a champion spacer with a Hemco and of everything I have tried I believe that works the best. I blocked off the vacuum block with a plate and drilled / tapped the spacer for the vacuum lines. Much cleaner look IMO FYI we have spacers in the building ready to ship

I run a champion spacer with a Hemco and of everything I have tried I believe that works the best. I blocked off the vacuum block with a plate and drilled / tapped the spacer for the vacuum lines. Much cleaner look IMO FYI we have spacers in the building ready to ship

Do you mind posting pics of this ? I was just talking to a guy and he mentioned the same thing I would love to see how this looks.