1 Fender Win Vs Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R Last Night

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
I was bored last night so I gas up the the TR and take a spin. Im cruisin southbound on the 170 Fwy in San Fernando Valley and I hear a deep import exhaust note and I see 4 round tail lights exiting at coldwater. Im like hmmm is that an RX7??? So I exit behind him. When we get to the light I like oh ****...is that a ....a .....a freakin Gun Metal Grey Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R....no way :eek: . I mean right hand drive and everything...this dude had a clean one. I pull up beside him and tried to remain as descreet as possible so I can hear his motor. It was turboed for sure but it sounded pretty much stock with exception of a the huge carby fiber muffler. I live near LACR and Ive seen what these things can do in person so I thought maybe Ive picked the wrong battle tonight.

He takes off from the light and blows off between 1st and 2nd Gear while I remain a car length behind him. The next light I take off 1st and flutter my turbo back at him. He looks over...the look on his face was the same as mine when I saw his car...is that a...a...a freakin Turbo something wait what is that a...wtf...is that:eek: ?

We're at the 3rd red light now watchin the opposing traffics light turn yellow...I spool up...our light turns green and we go...

That freakin skyline jumped off the line like a scolded monkey..he had me by two lengths almost instantly. I caught up to him about midway thru second gear and continued to pull into third. I remained a fender ahead of him the rest of the way.

He asked me what kind of car is that and what year it was and I told him 84 Buick T Type with an 87 swap. He said "That thing is 24 years old???". I responded "yup GM was ahead of their time."

Even though I didnt destroy him..I was quite proud that my almost stock TR kept up with that beast of an import.

Nice kill mang, they will come out of the gate super hard remember they are 4WD all around, if you beat him a fender with your stock car then, he must off been stock for the exception of a catback exhaust system, those things car run super hard and I have seen some go down even in 8's but most are in the 11's or high 10's, I race quite a few and won a few battles against some fast ones, my buddy worked for MOTOREX and he was in charge of legalizing them here in US, that was before they were shut down by the IRS and FTC LOL, anyway they had couple of GTR's that I wouldnt even wanted to mess with unless i was running in the 9's. :)

Happy Motoring.

I wish you had a video. All the ricers on another site I'm on think the GTR is God lol.

I have seen one here in Huntsville, AL. Well, not really. Just some cheese ball who but some Skyline trim on some generic Nissan. I remember when I played video games, I always picked the Skyline for the race games.

wow, that's one hell of a race. that's definitely a nice notch to have on your belt, too... a GTR is a fellow turbo 6 that deserves some respect!

thanks guys...the skyline is an awesome car dating all the way back to its conception. i love em...not as much as my TR but i do i love em. if i had to drive another import in my life the skyline would be one of 4. i also like any rotary mazda any air cooled vee dub and the tt supra. these are all respectable imports in my opinion. ive actually owned 3 rx7s (1 of which was a turbo II) and a few air cooled vee dubs.

Very nice kill. I'd love to run across one. I have never seen one in person. That is very cool!!;)

very good kill....i'd love to drop my motor from my sentra into one of them awd bodies and get it down the track without spinning 4 gears...but anyway, anytime when you can say you beat a skyline you deserve props...good job.

good win,guys just try and take on the all new 2009 GTR.MY buddies GTR stock ran mid 11's.THATS JAPANS MUSCLE CAR

Great factory 'ricer' kill!! I can't wait to smoke one when I do run across one. Id love to send him back to the dealer asking why some guy in an ole Buick beat his super expensive Nissan 'supercar', lol.

KB

good win,guys just try and take on the all new 2009 GTR.MY buddies GTR stock ran mid 11's.THATS JAPANS MUSCLE CAR

Has he had the dreaded transmission failure?

just try and take on the all new 2009 GTR.MY buddies GTR stock ran mid 11's.THATS JAPANS MUSCLE CAR
Mid 11's. Send one my way. Better run low 10's or quicker. Ive been waiting to slam one of these over hyped POS! Ill race for $20k so if he wins he can replace his broken transmission

i work for nissan there alright cars..but for 80k there not worth it...there suppose to run some 11.80s...but launch it one time on 2 step there goes your warranty...haha....gotta love imports......:biggrin: