1/8th mile times and mph.

LotsAHotAir

Whats everybodys 1/8 mile times and mph?
And was this hot air or intercooled?
I have only ran the 1/8 so I am trying to see how that compares to 1/4mile times.

Last season I ran a 7.86 @ 86mph. Hot air and no alky.

i was right in the low 10 second range at about 80mph on the night i blew the trans at the "street race" night.
i was disappointed that it wasn't faster, but i did beat a few modded ricers with big wings, neon lights, and "NOS" stickers, so it wasn't a totally wasted night..
i really need to get that stock trans rebuilt so i can ditch the Cutlass trans that's in it now..

Now I feel embarrased!!!!! What setups are you guys running to run a hot air in the 7's!!?? :eek:

My 86 runs 8 flat @ 86 and I felt good about that!!

This was however in pure street trim. Real street tires (Firestone Firehawks), 93 octane/no alky, and only 20# of boost.

Use the formulas in my sig. To go from 1/4 mile to 1/8, just multiply instead of dividing.

1/8 Mile Time & MPH

I ran a best in the eight of 7.996 @ 89.92 mph with a 2.025 60ft. Time for some good tires.

Not counting out the other posts as those are fast as well, but Jamie is Freakin' Fast!:cool:

Boost231, you'r next! You got the goodies. :D

:biggrin: Thanks, too bad that day also included 35 mph head winds, once you cleared the bleachers look out. Still ran 11.20's all day, I'll take it.

Boost231 is right there

:biggrin: Thanks, too bad that day also included 35 mph head winds, once you cleared the bleachers look out. Still ran 11.20's all day, I'll take it.

Boost231 is right there

o i will be there. that was right of the trailer no tunning at all. once i get my car back from the body shop and get my false knock issue taken care of its on.

o i will be there. that was right of the trailer no tunning at all. once i get my car back from the body shop and get my false knock issue taken care of its on.

o and i wasnt even running but 19 deg of timing :)

1/8th to 1/4mi calc chart

heres the chart
its accurate but you need to consider if your car isnt hooking then that ups your 1/8 et not correctly reflecting what it would do in the 1/4
you have to have your 60' inline with your hp , that said if your not in the 1.6x range at 85 or so 1/8 you need to work on your launch , so bill your 8.4 with a 1.9 should be calculated using 8.2 -8.1 for the 1/8th

mph for 1/4mi is typically 1/8th mph x 1.25
assuming the car can complete a full1/4 at wot ,

most who run 1/8th only dont know how hard it is running another 1/8th at WOT

and bill congrats on the run , 8.4 isnt bad but 6.5x feels sooo much nicer :D, cant imagine what donWG's 5.7 feels like

Here's my time slip.. so according to the chart if I get my 60ft down to 1.5x I should run 11.3x's.. WOO HOO:biggrin: Then I get kicked off!:eek: Man I need better Brakes before anything else go's on.. thanks for the chart:)

Attachments

• IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 652