1/4 mile times???

Big Paul

Bob Barker
I was wondering what a 2002 Monte Carlo SS runs 1/4 mile?

And the same for a 2002 Grand Prix GTP 2dr?

Thanks

1/4 times

the 2002 monte will prob go in the higher 15's
the GTP will prob be where my 99 regal GS is and thats 14.50's with no mods done.:D

Awesome!

Just found a magazine with the info on a 2000 Monte Carlo, it said it ran 15.5's, but thats crazy that just that extra torque and HP from the supercharger gave it a full second off.

WOW, a GTP, and a GN would be a good race, if both stock :D

New Monties..

If Im not mistaken. Last I checked, NONE of the stock Montes are SuperCharged. Even that special edition yellow bananner one. I think the special edition is geared differently, possible differnt exhaust. I dont know what GM was thinkin :rolleyes:

Then again considering the SC is a 4-6k option it may be nicer to do it yourself. Then again, I probibly dont know what the hell Im talking about.

Urbs

yea so in reply to the comment about a gtp racing a gn.... my first race in my new to me 86 gn was against a modded out gtp. the guy was my friends neighbor and he wanted a little pre-season race action so i kindly obliged. mind you, my gn is also modded out with a te-44 bluetops, 3 inch dp, hooker exhaust, and many many other goodies. he had an intake, exhaust, and a NOS setup for around 75 hp. the race was a complete blowout. he had no prayer even before the boost kicked in. no, i didnt even power brake it and i smoked him that bad. i'd say it was by about 12 car lengths after a 1/4 mile. the previous owner of my car had taken it to the track a few times for testing and came out with a 12.04 @111mph. i since have added a little lumpier cam, manley valves, and a new lower friction alternator. im looking forward to racing again, so you supercharger guys watch out. you too dont have a prayer....

Re: 1/4 times

Originally posted by TurboToy
the GTP will prob be where my 99 regal GS is and thats 14.50's with no mods done.:D

What 60' did you cut, and what launch technique did you use? My brother has an unmodded '99 GTP coupe that has turned in a few mid 15 second passes with really bad 60' times. Last one was a 15.4@92 mph with a 2.4-2.5 second 60' on the radials that came with the car (less than 25K miles).
The car pulls hard, he just needs to figure out how to launch it.

Ellis,

I typically run the tire pressure on the factory Goodyear LSs down to about 24 psi in front and inflate the rears to about 48 psi. I also jack up the rear of the car and stick in two of those square-shaped rubber spring blockers on each side (they come in a blister pack of 4 which costs $10.) Lastly, I pull the TCS/ABS fuse which on my '99 GS is located in the passenger side dash fuse panel. On our normally traction limited launch pad I'm getting 60-foots in the 2.1 range lanching at 1000 RPM or so.

Sinister '86-- what injectors are you running now? In light of the changes you've made you'll need to step up pretty soon.

Regards,
Morgan
'99 GS (14.22 @ 98.1 w/a few mods)
'87 GN (11.1s @ 120, bolt ons only on the original motor with 157K)
'96 Roadmaster Limited LT1 (aka my stealth Impala SS) w/a couple of mods
'67 GS California (beautiful original)

thanks

Originally posted by Trois Buicks
Ellis,

On our normally traction limited launch pad I'm getting 60-foots in the 2.1 range lanching at 1000 RPM or so.

I'll let him know this. He runs at Moroso in West Palm Beach, and the track is generally very good. 4/10 off his short times should put him solidly into the 14.7-14.8 range