05/03/06 Pinks

buickturbo-t

I don't know if anyone still watches the show or not, but some reason I do.
But anyways sounded to me like one of the guys that raced was supposed to bring a GN and race it, but I guess it blew on the Dyno his name was Alexander Djordjevic from LA, NV. Just wondering if anyone else seen it

yep, i saw it, also if you look very close in the background, you could get a split second peek at the GN.

Heard that too but didn't see it. The BB Nova owner sure sounded confident if he had been racing the GN. It has to be a matter of time before a GN or TR makes it to Pinks?? :cool:

That Nova owner allowed himself to get duped. He came there after preparing to race an LC2, and was faced with a stroked and juiced smallblock. He should have just turned around and went home. People would've ridiculed him, but it's not his fault the deal had been changed on him at the last minute. The unknown is what caused him to lose his car.

the gn that didnt make it was chris chow's potato car. it was to have my sticker's on it but had problems at the last min. man i would love to race in that show but would be scared to death to lose my ride!

would have been nice to see the GN race. as far as im concerned though he tricked the guy out of his car. I thought it was pretty messed up. comes to the show buys a 70k 8 sec camaro off some guy there, he had been on the show before, and then dupes the guy with. they didnt make one full speed pass with that car. im kinda getting tired of the show to tell the truth, its getting to be, one guy comes with a much faster car that he said he would bring and then its how can he trick the guys out of his car, its starting to get a bit old. it would be nice to see 2 TSO or TSM cars go at it on the show, dont know who would go on there with the chance of losing their car though.

what is chris chows potato car?? its not the twin turbo v8 is it??

loki993 said:
its the car he bought from shawn in idaho. not the v8 tt car. i'll tell you what. if 2 tsm,tso or any turbo buick's can make it to the pinks show. i will put up a 9 sec. trans and converter to race for instead of racing for each other's car's. kinda like the bike guys did.

Len,

I heard that you could see Chris for like a micro second.
He will be in the next one a lot more.

Alex bought a car that Chris ended up racing.
It was a monza that has been featured on the show before.
The car is not as nice as what you will be driving. :eek:

LV GN said:
i'll tell you what. if 2 tsm,tso or any turbo buick's can make it to the pinks show. i will put up a 9 sec. trans and converter to race for instead of racing for each other's car's. kinda like the bike guys did.

Count me in!

so you said chris will be in the next one?? with a monza?? we dont get any TR action yet.

loki993 said:
so you said chris will be in the next one?? with a monza?? we dont get any TR action yet.

They brought the Idaho Car, but decided to buy a car to have a better chance at winning.

That wasn't just any smallblock either, it was an SB2 motor if I am not mistaken..
Don't think the guy with the nova realized that...

LV GN said:
its the car he bought from shawn in idaho. not the v8 tt car. i'll tell you what. if 2 tsm,tso or any turbo buick's can make it to the pinks show. i will put up a 9 sec. trans and converter to race for instead of racing for each other's car's. kinda like the bike guys did.

As long as I didn't have to put my car up and they would come to Atlanta I would race for a 9sec. transmission!

That wasn't just any smallblock either, it was an SB2 motor if I am not mistaken..

yes it was. also he let him have a race. before it he said it was a 8 sec car if i understood what he was saying right. it seems like he cheated the guy out of his car basically, thats what i got out of it anyway.

It was bad enough to hear them mention a GN and not get to see it race, but watching that guy get tricked out of his car was bunk. I'm sure many will say that is the point of the show. I just don't think it's fair when one guy is completely straight-forward and the other is a sheister. And when did the host start running his mouth so much about how many cars he thinks is fair? Who give a damn... it's not his car!

Yup it was my GN. But it was breakin up at high RPM and was only running low 11's off the throttle.

You can see her in the background. The car runs 10.60's full weight. We stripped it down -200 lbs for the race!

loki993 said:
would have been nice to see the GN race. as far as im concerned though he tricked the guy out of his car. I thought it was pretty messed up. comes to the show buys a 70k 8 sec camaro off some guy there, he had been on the show before, and then dupes the guy with. they didnt make one full speed pass with that car. im kinda getting tired of the show to tell the truth, its getting to be, one guy comes with a much faster car that he said he would bring and then its how can he trick the guys out of his car, its starting to get a bit old. it would be nice to see 2 TSO or TSM cars go at it on the show, dont know who would go on there with the chance of losing their car though.