0 GAINS AT THE STRIP AFTER $1000 SPENT

ADJMART

So last year with my stock irons I ran a 116mph in the quarter @ 24lbs boost
This year I bolted some champion irons on and @ 24lbs boost still 116mph trap.
I tried fueling changes,timing changes,and that was the max boost the te44 would push....still 116.52
all other variables were the same....every run resulted at 116 from 10.3 02's to 11.3 o2's

ported heads
60ft- 1.67
330- 4.73
1/8th 7.36 @92
1/4-11.54 @116.52

stock heads
60-1.71
330-4.83
1/8th-7.50 @91.7
1/4-11.69 @116.52

I am assuming in order to utilize the flow of the new heads I have to buy a bigger turbo?

I am having the same problem with a friend's car running a 44 and a stock engine. Stuck at 116. I thought it was the valve springs, so I replaced them with stronger springs. Since the last time out when it ran 11.35@116, didn't matter if it was at 25 psi, 27,29,31, all the same time and MPH. AFR from 10.2 to 11.5, no change. We changed the springs, spark plugs, and changed the TE44 to a TA62. With 24psi, it ran 115mph, with less timing than the previous 116mph with the TE44. I was not expecting to gain anything with the 62 at 24psi, never got a chance to turn the boost up any higher.
If you want to borrow that PT54 you can to see if it helps, but IMO, the 44 should be able to go 120mph. I wanted to put the 54 on his car, but the wastegate hole it too big for the BGC DP puck, should work with a TH pipe.
I think you are having the same problem as my friend's car. Would be nice to figure it out. I don't get enough time with his car to figure it out, and he doesn't like to spend time or money on it, so it is what it is.

You might get a little more with a bigger I/C, I think that stocker could be a slight problem even with the bigger neck... A bigger turbo is would help for sure. Should be a little more left in that one though...

Running a stock cam, restalled d5 converter.

I did notice in the power logger files the my wide band was slowly getting richer through 3rd gear which caused my injectors to be at a 90% duty cycle
through the traps

What were the weather conditions on both days,corrected altitude etco_O

Kevin

Everyone here stated that my dutt neck stock IC was enough for my goals, but I picked up a used CAS V4 for my next turbo but installed it on the car anyway. I too have a TE44 and picked up a solid 2.5mph all else being equal. I went 120 on my TE44 too this year and I don't think that I would have with my old IC.

Everyone here stated that my dutt neck stock IC was enough for my goals, but I picked up a used CAS V4 for my next turbo but installed it on the car anyway. I too have a TE44 and picked up a solid 2.5mph all else being equal. I went 120 on my TE44 too this year and I don't think that I would have with my old IC.
Yeah,maybe that is my weak link.we both have the same et and your 4 mph faster than me.I have no clue? maybe I might take forcefed 3.8 up on his offer,the last thing i want to do is buy a new turbo,new convertor and still trap at 116.

I am still new to this but it seems Humidity and water grains effect these cars more than temp.:confused:I never look at temp because corrected altitude and barometric pressure seem to be a better gauge.

Kevin

Yeah,maybe that is my weak link.we both have the same et and your 4 mph faster than me.I have no clue? maybe I might take forcefed 3.8 up on his offer,the last thing i want to do is buy a new turbo,new convertor and still trap at 116.

My 5-disc VIG is the reason for my low ET. It doesn't couple that well until I lock it in third. The power is there though and like I said, at 23psi open TC and 25psi locked TC at the same track on similar days, I went from 115mph to 117.5 even 118mph with just the IC swap. When I turned the boost up to 25psi open TC and 27-28psi locked TC, then it picked up another 2+mph. I have the Erson cam but stock TB, intake w/ rjc plate w/ EGR tower still, stock rotating assembly including rings, and reasonably new but lightweight 75lb TA replacement valve springs with cups on otherwise stock irons with stock valves. We port matched the intake to the heads though when it was apart and I believe that was a big gain too when coupled with the cam.

I am still new to this but it seems Humidity and water grains effect these cars more than temp.:confused:I never look at temp because corrected altitude and barometric pressure seem to be a better gauge.

Kevin

Agreed. I've noticed this as I run a TE44 pretty hard and it makes more boost in dry, high-pressure air than it does on a humid, low-pressure air and the mph responds accordingly. The wastegate is on tight and I use a RJC controller maxed out with a stretched spring. The pressure and humidity dictate how fast I go any given day. The methanol negates the temperature effect for the most part with my small turbo. I haven't gotten into the elevation corrections yet though.

We are running a 5 disc Vigilante in my friend's car, we are seeing no difference locked or unlocked. Nothing we have done has made the car run different. All runs (2) 11.35's, (1) 11.36, (2) 11.41's, (1) 11.45. The only thing that has changed the ET was the TA62, 11.6's, car will not spool at the line even with a Garrett housing. The 44 has a Precision housing, and would pull low 1.5 60's off 7 to 8 psi. The TA62 is barely in the 1.7's leaving off 10psi+. I know of 3 cars that have trapped 119 to 120with TE44's or TA49's that were running stock necked stock intercoolers. The springs and plugs might have been a fix, but I won't know this year.

What fuel, timing, and tire height.
fuel-razors alky kit
-cam 2 (110) in the fuel tank as a safeguard
timing- i tried 23/21 25/23 etc all ending at 116 mph

tire- mt drag radial 255/60/15
should measure 27.1 o.d.
ran 20 psi in the tire

I'm running into similar (not quite, but close) issues as mentioned here. I run Champion Iron Heads, front mount IC, sd chip, 60# inj.,. I've questioned my turbo since I bought it several years ago, XX60 series at this point (of unknown origin). I have never been able to build boost at stage without the car pushing the beams. Top MPH 118 @ 11.38. 350THM tranny, 9" 3200 stall convertor, 3.42 diff. Seems weird, I've run high 1.5 to low 1.6 60's and the MPH doesn't change significantly, which I suspected a gear ratio issue. From reading this, now more confused.

Switching to the Precision 6262 billet turbo, from the old school TE-62 turbo, took me from 117 mph to 127 mph.

Chuck