Times with 6262

is this thread about only certain types of 6262's or all ?
All of them.

Ran 10.54 at 129 with 6262 bb . Have a 6466 on now and the set up is faster....

I saw that thread Cal ran about him testing Boostane on your ride. So you kept the 6466 on it? You haven't put down any passes yet?

That's a monster turbo. I wouldn't imagine it doing much for anyone with less than a forged stroker setup with good heads. Which you have, of course! I was really looking forward to seeing what the 6262 would do on your setup with more boost.

best was 11.654@122
1.89 60'
28#

next run got out of it
but ran
11.45@100

3900# car

Jesus. I'm really eager to see what I can wring out of this setup with a leaner tune and better hook. I'm really thinking that the 6262/6265/6266 are benchmark turbos for built non-Stage street motors. With everything Bison has posted on them, and the MPH guys are finally starting to turn even on low boost . . .

Dave Sapper hit 132 with a 6262bb. Granted, he had more in his trans/rear end than some guys have in their whole car, but still . . . mass flow is mass flow.

8445's ported ,still has the egr passages operational,california and all.

That's what I'm running. The stock casting had an F-load of room for improvement. My ported irons on a stock displacement car ran STRONG against a stock longblock, unported 6262 car running 5 more #'s.

He had me out of the hole, because of traction, and by the 1/8th I'd run him down at higher MPH and was pulling like Hell.

That's what I'm running. The stock casting had an F-load of room for improvement. My ported irons on a stock displacement car ran STRONG against a stock longblock, unported 6262 car running 5 more #'s.

He had me out of the hole, because of traction, and by the 1/8th I'd run him down at higher MPH and was pulling like Hell.
yeup,i layed mine next to the originals untouched...wow what a difference .very ugly

Are you running a 275/50? I would step up to a 28" tall tire myself.

Almost everyone at T.Thunder.XV was running that tire. I'm running a low-lift 212/212 . . . It wasn't RPM's I was running out of. As I said on that thread, man . . . I wasn't running out of power, wasn't running out of cam, I was running out of traction.

Look at the MPH. I was pedaling.

All of them.

I saw that thread Cal ran about him testing Boostane on your ride. So you kept the 6466 on it? You haven't put down any passes yet?

That's a monster turbo. I wouldn't imagine it doing much for anyone with less than a forged stroker setup with good heads. Which you have, of course! I was really looking forward to seeing what the 6262 would do on your setup with more boost.

It's a long story why I haven't made any passes since the 6466 installed....changed converters also. Had a 2800 10.5 inch lu when I made the 10.54 pass.
Blew it apart the next time out at the track. Have the 3200 9.5 nlu now.
I think the 6262 setup probably would have gone low tens, but that's all history now.
Went to e85 and everything went downhill from there...got gooo !!! Back on 93 now and the setup is stronger than ever.
Don't know when I'll be making passes again, but will post when I do. It really is a daily driver and I put on about 150 miles a week.....
I'm currently running 21 lbs boost and it's pretty impressive....My V8 friends want no part of me...:)
Cal says it's a high nine second setup, maybe we'll see someday....

It's a long story why I haven't made any passes since the 6466 installed....changed converters also. Had a 2800 10.5 inch lu when I made the 10.54 pass.
Blew it apart the next time out at the track. Have the 3200 9.5 nlu now.
I think the 6262 setup probably would have gone low tens, but that's all history now.
Went to e85 and everything went downhill from there...got gooo !!! Back on 93 now and the setup is stronger than ever.
Don't know when I'll be making passes again, but will post when I do. It really is a daily driver and I put on about 150 miles a week.....
I'm currently running 21 lbs boost and it's pretty impressive....My V8 friends want no part of me...:)
Cal says it's a high nine second setup, maybe we'll see someday....

Woww. I presume you're running aluminums? I'm so tempted to run 6466. I was thinking just get IL my car done with see how I like 6262 and take it from there. There's always next year and I'll need something to do on the car. Lol

It's a long story but I ended up with a 6466 on my car. It feels substantially quicker, but the sound of the turbo was worth the price of admission. I haven't had a chance to tune it yet, need to do a little port work on my housing. With the 6262 I raced my buddies supercharged AMG and pulled him a little. With the 6466 I had to feather the gas to keep it at 20lbs and crushed him.

Woww. I presume you're running aluminums? I'm so tempted to run 6466. I was thinking just get IL my car done with see how I like 6262 and take it from there. There's always next year and I'll need something to do on the car. Lol

Champion irons....I think if you're making more than 630 to the rear wheel, you can start thinkin 6466.

It's a long story but I ended up with a 6466 on my car. It feels substantially quicker, but the sound of the turbo was worth the price of admission. I haven't had a chance to tune it yet, need to do a little port work on my housing. With the 6262 I raced my buddies supercharged AMG and pulled him a little. With the 6466 I had to feather the gas to keep it at 20lbs and crushed him.

The sound of that familiar whistle is nice...and yeah, it pulls real hard...cars appear in my rear view mirror so fast that it's hard to tell if they were ever racing.
We go wot and then they just get so small in the mirror....