Times with 6262

The sound of that familiar whistle is nice...and yeah, it pulls real hard...cars appear in my rear view mirror so fast that it's hard to tell if they were ever racing.
We go wot and then they just get so small in the mirror....

My suspension upgrades are currently limited to just QA1 coil-overs. Tracks straight as an arrow, but I wasn't able to hook up. Even so, 'Object in Mirror Disappear Quickly'.

Hoping to get back to the track soon...My last time out I couldn't 60ft worth a hoot, but the 6265 went 125 on back to back passes....I seem to be getting a little more MPH than the 6262...If I can get both ends of the track down I think I can beat the 10.99 run with the 6262 I used to have....

11.2 and 121mph
Original stock unported heads, 206/210 CAM, 25psi Boost
DR's, launch at 4psi, sixty foot 1.6
92 octane and meth inj

what kind of fuel,timing,tire height, and was that with the dump open?
Thats some speed!

Here is a thread link to the whole experience http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/pte-6262-journal-bearing.343871/
But to answer your question pump gas with single nozzle alky, timing was low (powerlogger file in link of the run) the dump open or closed gives the same numbers, haven't been to the track in a few years, but car is DD if the roads are dry and the 6262 is holding up to the abuse, running a blow off valve.... that should stir things up.

Chuck

Here is a thread link to the whole experience http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/pte-6262-journal-bearing.343871/
But to answer your question pump gas with single nozzle alky, timing was low (powerlogger file in link of the run) the dump open or closed gives the same numbers, haven't been to the track in a few years, but car is DD if the roads are dry and the 6262 is holding up to the abuse, running a blow off valve.... that should stir things up.

Aww, Chuck! Say it ain't so! You use that . . . forbidden technology . . . You don't like semi-annual rebuilds?

Great MPH!
Even more impressive if done on street legal tires and pump gas...was it perhaps?
yes, M/T street radials, pump gas and a single nozzle of alky, 20* timing for 1st and 2nd, 18* for 3rd, 11.2 A/F ratio with a RJC front mount, stock headers, stock throttle body.... 3450 lbs 99% street car.

87 gn, 11.83 @ 114 with 6262 jb, 24lbs boost, stock block and heads, 93 and alky. Not sure if I've posted on this thread before but Ive been watching it since before the 6262 purchase last year. No regrets. Car has been running great as is for months now. Might turn up the wick some more soon!

6.90 at 101.58. Equivalent of 10.87. 94 and single nozzle SMC alky. 5.7 chip...tuning with 02's...flat tappet cam...stock rockers...mostly stock junk. 6262 JB...old skool AC convertor...foot brake 1.61 launch...boost 28 PSI.

I routinely run 11.5 at 120 mph consistently on 22 PSI with zero tuning on a 1.7X launch.

Last edited:
Great MPH!
Even more impressive if done on street legal tires and pump gas...was it perhaps?

Chuck's a real street brawler . . . First 6262 guy posting videos 'n stuff. I model myself after him. Except, y'now, younger. And angrier. And some paint checking.

Took the cruise night car "Qwik" to the track today. First pass off the trailer.
11.08@121 1.53 foot brake launch.
Lots of tuning to go. 10.0 A/F
PTE DBB 6262 21-23 psi
Champion Irons
234ci, 212/212 off the shelf
93 and Razors single alky, 60lb injectors.
MAFT Gen 2.
PT FMIC
9.5 PTC spec'd by Me From Dusty
Extreme Automatics Stage 2

The carsPTE JB 6262 failed last week. This one is a DBB. Back to back... Not $700 in quicker spool time, but I feel it will last longer cause this DBB unit has more engine time than the JB had.
I need to talk to Bison and Dusty about the PTC converter. I'm happy with it, but they may see room for improvement. I plan to run it again at 25-26 psi to see what it runs.