Times with 6262

Took the cruise night car "Qwik" to the track today. First pass off the trailer.
11.08@121 1.53 foot brake launch.
Lots of tuning to go. 10.0 A/F
PTE DBB 6262 21-23 psi
Champion Irons
234ci, 212/212 off the shelf
93 and Razors single alky, 60lb injectors.
MAFT Gen 2.
PT FMIC
9.5 PTC spec'd by Me From Dusty
Extreme Automatics Stage 2

The carsPTE JB 6262 failed last week. This one is a DBB. Back to back... Not $700 in quicker spool time, but I feel it will last longer cause this DBB unit has more engine time than the JB had.
I need to talk to Bison and Dusty about the PTC converter. I'm happy with it, but they may see room for improvement. I plan to run it again at 25-26 psi to see what it runs.

Thats a great run, what kind of supension mods do you have?

Bilstein shocks on all four corners. It has the H&R boxed non adjustable uppers and lowers in the rear and the H&R anti-roll bar. Stock sway bar in the front, no airbags. Tires are the 275/55/16 M&H Racemasters drag radial.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I hope so I'm shifting it at 5500 rpm. The flash stall is 4800 rpm. I'm wondering if two to three more pounds of boost is going to make a difference. The car went through the traps at 5400 rpm. Pig rich at 10.0-10.1 the whole run.

I hope so I'm shifting it at 5500 rpm. The flash stall is 4800 rpm. I'm wondering if two to three more pounds of boost is going to make a difference. The car went through the traps at 5400 rpm. Pig rich at 10.0-10.1 the whole run.

If backpressure is less than 2:1 vs intake then adding boost will still give big gains

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Boost crept a Tad during the run from 21 bouncing between 22-23 at the very end. I have made test hits at up to 28 psi while working on porting the wastegate hole. It will be back out testing at 25 and 28 psi soon!

When looking for backpressure without a gauge, are there any other signs?

Also what are the signs of needing to take the converter down a blade?

Guys, reading a bunch of Bison's post and applying things learned payed off on this build.
Greatly appreciated Brian!

Boost crept a Tad during the run from 21 bouncing between 22-23 at the very end. I have made test hits at up to 28 psi while working on porting the wastegate hole. It will be back out testing at 25 and 28 psi soon!

Guys, reading a bunch of Bison's post and applying things learned payed off on this build.

Is it safe to run up to 28 psi on 93/Alky with a 3 bar map sensor?

Yes, but that's my opinion. If worried about alky delivery, I'd just go to a twin nozzle and back the controller down one and a half points. As far as it tracking boost. I have maxed this car out at 31.5 psi several times on the stock motor with the 6262. Zero issues.

I put more trust in watching the A/F ratio, knock, duty cycle and fuel pressure.

I have a feeling I will not be allowed to upgrade this car to a twin nozzle.

Other signs would be the opposite of boost creep. Boost will start to fall off as rpm increases because the ex pressure required to drive the turbine will increase to a point where it can't drive the compressor enough to meet the demands of the engine. Usually the harder you run a combo the more you will need to tighten the converter. The useful powerband will actually narrow because the turbo will run out of steam. Higher boost will usually mean lower shift point to keep the engine operating near peak flow. You are welcome sir.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

If we can calculate the converter slip at the stripe then it's good info to base converter changes on.

9.2%
5400rpm
121 MPH
3.42 gear
275/55/16 tire

It was recently brought to my attention that if you log your fuel pressure, you can calculate the boost beyond the capability of the 3 bar MAP (thanks Cal). This may help when tuning above 31.5 lbs on this combo. I ran a very similar pass (11.0 @ 121) in Feb. but it took about 34lbs on the stock heads/cam to get there. I stopped turning it up at that point due to a fueling issue. Think I've got that ironed out now. Just waiting for cooler weather.

OK put me down for a 7.07 @ 98 MPH at the local hangout. 93 and Akly at 25 PSI.

Would have probably went faster but it did bounce of the rev limiter in first. And the TR6 was only set at 2800 on the 2 step.

Nice run, aminga. That turbo isn't even breathing hard until after 25psi, you still have a lot left on the table. :cool: