Times with 6262

Last time I ran was with stock heads and my best 60' was 1.55.

Cool. I'm thinking I will go with the PTC 2800 stall too. I think with my existing combo it will flat out fly and spool the 6262 like no tomorrow. After all, all I want right now with this car is to tickle a high 10 in the 1/4. I'm sure this stall will allow me to do just that. Otherwise, I do a lot more 1/8 mile racing, so getting my 60ft down is important, especially when I'm up against some of the AWD Skyline GTR's. ;)

Cool. I'm thinking I will go with the PTC 2800 stall too. I think with my existing combo it will flat out fly and spool the 6262 like no tomorrow. After all, all I want right now with this car is to tickle a high 10 in the 1/4. I'm sure this stall will allow me to do just that. Otherwise, I do a lot more 1/8 mile racing, so getting my 60ft down is important, especially when I'm up against some of the AWD Skyline GTR's. ;)
You will have a hard time with a 2800 tying to run 10's. It will spool mediocre and will couple poorly on a low rpm high cylinder pressure engine like yours. You need good coupling with the low usable rpm.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

You will have a hard time with a 2800 tying to run 10's. It will spool mediocre and will couple poorly on a low rpm high cylinder pressure engine like yours. You need good coupling with the low usable rpm.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Ok, what about the PTC 3200 stall? I really don't want to spend much more than $600 on a converter right now. And another $400 for a power logger set up.

The 3200 will help with spool up, but will slip even worse up top.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

This PTC 9.5 comes in at 3000.

Attachments

• qwik osceola 1snap.dat
    51 KB · Views: 106
I hope so I'm shifting it at 5500 rpm. The flash stall is 4800 rpm. I'm wondering if two to three more pounds of boost is going to make a difference. The car went through the traps at 5400 rpm. Pig rich at 10.0-10.1 the whole run.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
^^^^^

Ok, what about the PTC 3200 stall? I really don't want to spend much more than $600 on a converter right now. And another $400 for a power logger set up.
A 3200 is a no go on a turbo regal. It will never couple. There is no $600 converter that will spool and couple on that combo.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

x10 whats being said regarding a great converter. I had the ptc 10" 2800 for a couple seasons and it was a good entry level converter...much better than a stocker. When i made a few upgrades,cam and heads, i knew i had to 'go for it' and spent the $ for a great converter. All i can say is wow,what a difference...the way it couples with the engine at top rpm and especially after the shift (at full blast)is most noticeable to me.

I understand what everyone is saying. I know the PTC 9.5 is the way to go especially with ported heads, cam, etc.
Right now I have a totally stock long block (minus valve springs) with just bolt on. With the old TA60-1, 50#, and 2.5 ATR downpipe the car made 411 rwhp 465 TQ, I know the car is making more with all the upgrades I just made.
So, guess what I'm saying is, you all have talked me into getting the 9.5 PTC. :D

Now which one do you suggest? 9.5 3000 17 blade?

You will be glad you did...it only stings for a minuet ;)....or at least til your first test blast. I kept thinking how much performance i would be leaving on the table without it.

Attachments

• christams, in May,..2014,  conv. tires, trans.jpg
    christams, in May,..2014, conv. tires, trans.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 288
You will be glad you did...it only stings for a minuet ;)....or at least til your first test blast. I kept thinking how much performance i would be leaving on the table without it.

I agree with ya. Also, when I put the new head and cam in down the road, I'd already be set too. One less thing to worry about in the end.

My combo is in my sig. I havent had the chance to run the car since a couple of years ago. 6262 Billet Journal bearing. At 20psi. I would really like to get a PTC 9.5 non lock converter. I think it would make a world of difference.

But will be heading to the track next weekend.

Heres the best to date so far:

R/T 1.090
60' 1.733
330 4.738
1/8 7.260
MPH 97.55
1000 9.447
1/4 11.303
MPH 121.19

Last edited:
11.30s @121 is pretty damn good with just 20psi! My turbo gets much happier with more boost and less (18*) timing. Not so sure 20 psi puts yours in the happy zone?

So what's the ideal stall for a 6262 with 210/215 cam and ported irons?
Right now I have a 2800 stall 9" nlu. It lags bad.
It was perfect for the stock turbo.

Last edited: