Times with 6262

I've gone 10.9 at 124 with 125 being the highest MPH....Boost creep most the way down the track seeing 25 to 27 lbs....My turbo went out at the end of last summer and I picked up a 6265 to try this spring....I'm going to send the 6262 to Bison have it rebuilt and decide which one I'm going to leave on the car.....Concerned with lag out of this 6265 my car has never been a tire fryer that spooled quick!!

When i first put my stroker motor together i had a GT6152e (GT35r with a buick turbine housing) I managed to get a 6.76 here is the story behind that in 2010 i should have continued with that little turbo to see just what its made

I maybe in the same boat as you when I switch out my current turbo. I've only taken it to the track once before the xfi and shedding some pounds. I really would have liked to see how fast it could have gone with the little 61.

inquiring minds wanted to know how fast a 6265 would go as well so I had to make the switch to give me the room to grow.

Brandon

Last edited:
Brandon

When i first put my stroker motor together i had a GT6152e (GT35r with a buick turbine housing) I managed to get a 6.76 here is the story behind that in 2010 i should have continued with that little turbo to see just what its made

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...nd-times-please.176267/page-12#post-2610388of...............

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/piedmont-dragway-9-25.329738/page-4#post-2614704
Let me know if you want to try one again. I'll send it out

I don't know if this applies, but I thought a turbo can't make power, so isn't it really about the cubic inches, cam, heads, and how much air you deliver... Cause I got a 6466 and it rates 900hp, If I put that on my car I don't get 900 hp, it supports 900hp.... Is that right..

Brandon

When i first put my stroker motor together i had a GT6152e (GT35r with a buick turbine housing) I managed to get a 6.76 here is the story behind that in 2010 i should have continued with that little turbo to see just what its made of.

Impressive! Can't wait to see what my little 6176e does :D.

Zack

i'm located in Randleman nc just south of greensboro just north if asheboro
Yeah man, know exactly where that is. I went to Uncg 2 semesters when I got out of the service. Have you ever been to Motor Mile or Mooresville?

I have been to Mooresville a few times

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

3 of us here in Panama City Florida run it. My times with stock heads are in my sig.

That was 24-25 psi (too chicken to crank it that day since it was my first time doing the 1/4 mile). It hooked nice with a 1.55 60'. The others don't have 1/4 mile times.

I'm guessing that 11.7 was before the build in your Sig. That build should be able to do that on 18 psi

6.90 at 101.58. Stock bottom end...ported heads...flat tappet cam...60's...stock rockers...TT 5.7 chip tuning with NB...SMC alky... AC convertor...stretched SLIC...mostly stock junk.

6.90 at 101.58. Stock bottom end...ported heads...flat tappet cam...60's...stock rockers...TT 5.7 chip tuning with NB...SMC alky... AC convertor...stretched SLIC...mostly stock junk.

Nice run. We have pretty much the same combo. What was the boost, timing and 60'?

Last edited:
I just got done putting on my 6265 and cant wait till the weather breaks and I can get this thing on the road and try it!! It built boost on the foot brake with ease but will not be able to drive on these roads till April :cry::cry::cry:.......

On a side note does anyone think it might be beneficial to put on RJC's bigger waste gate puck?? Just wondering if that might help a little with lag being that the puck will take a little more to push open???

Last edited: