Times with 6262

I don't think my 6.795 @ 101.3 is too pathetic. :) What times do you think the 6262 is capable of?
I agree! I think yours in on par with your combo but I haven't seen many people posting times pushing it much farther.. I think if people would actually push this unit it is capable of mid/low 10's and I wouldn't be surprised if someone pushed a lighter car into the 9's some day.

A quote from Bison when asked about the potential of a 6262:

It hits backpressure around 70-72lbs/min. Which by the way is a lot for such a small turbo. However the combo needs to be built around the turbo to get that kind of flow out of it. Higher CR, fast ramp cam, and proper cam timing will allow the most potential. It could push a 3600lb car to very low 10's. Typical results are mid 10's @28-30psi with decent heads and small hyd roller cam in average air.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/6262-turbo-limit.396685/

ks

I think it has been proven many times with our cars that with the new 6262 turbo there is potential with the right combination of parts and tune to hit low tens with a lot of boost. For most with the average setup HIC and 20-25 psi they are able to get into the high 10's in full weight car. With the bigger exhaust wheel it becomes low tens and with a lightened car and a very aggressive tune you should be able to push it into the 9's. I think that Phil quiksix will be the first to brake into the 9's on the 6265S proving it can be done. His achievements have made me switch to this turbo.

Brandon!

I went 11.05 @ 124 with the 6262 jb Precision turbo @ 28 psi might have been a little quicker but had traction issues during the launch.

if I can get the 60ft down. Best was 1.66.

Did you hook with the 10# launch? If not, maybe less boost would help. I launch around 3,200 rpm (3-5 # boost) off the 2-step My ET Streets drags work best at 20-21#.

My car has been 7.00@100 in the 1/8.
93 and alky. 28 psi 20*
3850 lbs. Ported iron heads and front mount ic. Tt chip.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is the 3850 with driver? My car is 3650 with driver (170#).

I think it has been proven many times with our cars that with the new 6262 turbo there is potential with the right combination of parts and tune to hit low tens with a lot of boost. For most with the average setup HIC and 20-25 psi they are able to get into the high 10's in full weight car. With the bigger exhaust wheel it becomes low tens and with a lightened car and a very aggressive tune you should be able to push it into the 9's. I think that Phil quiksix will be the first to brake into the 9's on the 6265S proving it can be done. His achievements have made me switch to this turbo.

Brandon!

I may try 28# once to see how I do in the 1/8th. This motor has been together four years, and I want to keep it that way! :)

I'm hoping Phil can get a nine second run with the 6265. That would be great incentive for us 6262 owners.

I agree! I think yours in on par with your combo but I haven't seen many people posting times pushing it much farther.. I think if people would actually push this unit it is capable of mid/low 10's and I wouldn't be surprised if someone pushed a lighter car into the 9's some day.

See 87turbot-type comments above. :)

Did you hook with the 10# launch? If not, maybe less boost would help. I launch around 3,200 rpm (3-5 # boost) off the 2-step My ET Streets drags work best at 20-21#.
It hooked up fine and went dead straight. I was still learning how to launch on the ebrake though. I can only foot brake to about 5psi (vacuum brakes, upgraded rear shoes/cyl). Gotta get down in the 1.50's somehow. Just gonna take practice.

3850 is with me in the car. Im sure it would crack a 6 .9X with a smaller guy. Lol.
I had a trans problem that kept me from running at the 1/4 track. I do know I was chasing down some high 6 cars in the 1/8. I just didnt have enough track. ;-)

I wonder what a 6262 would do on my car......

Pat--You can try mine.

It hooked up fine and went dead straight. I was still learning how to launch on the ebrake though. I can only foot brake to about 5psi (vacuum brakes, upgraded rear shoes/cyl). Gotta get down in the 1.50's somehow. Just gonna take practice.

Are you too rich at launch?

I want to play:D
Ford 260ci v6 (3.74 stroke, 3.84 bore) 8.5:1, 3450lb with driver, 3200rpm Pro Edge converter(unlocked), pump gas 93oct, 218/224 .580 lift cam, Heads have extensive bowl work and gasket matched, 80lb injectors, 373 gears, 27" tire, 15psi 17*...7.11 102.3 1.71. The car did not 60 for shit because a huge exhaust leak and said exhaust leak was heating up the charge air. IF I don't swap this turbo for a 67-70mm I'm going to push this unit as far as I can.

Anyone know if Grey Racer has went faster with his 250ci combo?

SloGN and JD. I think the question is after making 9 second passes on 67 and 70mm turbos. Knowing what it took you guys to get there. What do you guys think you could run with the little 62 after reading everyone else's times? I would like to see the difference after you spent some time tuning the car for it.

Brandon!

SloGN and JD. I think the question is after making 9 second passes on 67 and 70mm turbos. Knowing what it took you guys to get there. What do you guys think you could run with the little 62 after reading everyone else's times? I would like to see the difference after you spent some time tuning the car for it.

Brandon!

Brandon

When i first put my stroker motor together i had a GT6152e (GT35r with a buick turbine housing) I managed to get a 6.76 here is the story behind that in 2010 i should have continued with that little turbo to see just what its made

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...nd-times-please.176267/page-12#post-2610388of...............

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/piedmont-dragway-9-25.329738/page-4#post-2614704

Last edited: